Is there a tag I can use to exempt an entry from Watchtower's Weak Password evaluations?

With the 'inactive 2FA' feature - you can tag an entry with 2FA to exempt it from the warning. I'd like to do the same for Weak Passwords, is that possible?

I have a few services that don't allow pins longer than 4 digits and I don't want to see these in Watchtower.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.2.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:weak password pin

Comments

• Hi @hexatriene,

Thanks for writing in.

No, we do not have a special tag for Weak Passwords. I'll pass it on to the team for review but we're trying to not add any more special tags for this since the tags were not supposed to be used to manage features like this. Even 2FA is only a temporary measure until we find a better approach.

• omahajim
    omahajim
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

+1. In my bank checking account entry (the one with routing and account number), I store the 4 digit numerical PIN for the associated debit card, because there's a default field for it. 1P marks it as a "weak password". Here's an instance where I'd like to exclude a selected entry from the "weak password" logic.

Note that I do have that PIN stored in the details for the associated debit card in a separate entry, bit it made sense for me to also include it in the bank account entry.

I do need to look up the "inactive 2FA" feature because I hadn't heard of that tagging strategy. Thanks for the heads up on that one.

[1P 6.8.8 MAS, Mac OS X 10.14.1]

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @omahajim,

Thank you for chipping in! We are still looking at ways on how to do it properly. I do not have anything to share at this point, but it is on our list. Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Greg

• alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member

I store multiple credit bureau "Freeze PIN" values in 1Password, and these also get flagged as "weak" but it's not like I have a choice to change those. It would be great if I were able to flag them somehow to ignore in Watchtower. (For the record, I care about this feature in 1Password for Mac, not Windows, but this discussion was already here so....)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's something we're evaluating. Thanks for the feedback!

• KnnNike
    KnnNike
    Community Member

I'll throw my support in as well for something like this. In my case, it's an external company - Studebaker Submetering (many apartment complexes use them to manage utility billing). Studebaker generates a password each account, but they don't allow you to change it, and 1Password is flagging it as weak.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ahaaaaa. It's been a long time since I encountered a case where a weak password was foisted on me and it could not be changed, but that's a good example. Thank you for sharing it! :)

• SpiresAwake
    SpiresAwake
    Community Member

Here's another +1.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SpiresAwake, thank you for sharing your opinion! I will pass it on to our team.

Thanks again and let us know if you have other questions. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.