Can I set a shared vault (family) to read only?

FaZant
FaZant
Community Member

I don't want to get items changed without knowing.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:shared read only

Comments

• Hi @FaZant

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Yes, you can give certain family members read-only access to a shared vault. You can read about how to change those permissions here:

https://support.1password.com/create-share-vaults/#manage-access

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• FaZant
    FaZant
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. It somehow looks different or I am looking at the wrong screens.
    If I open the people list there is no little wheel anywhere.

• dbetty
    dbetty
    1Password Alumni

It looks like you're trying to modify the permissions of the Shared Vault - this is a default vault that's meant to be used for full sharing between all of the members of your Family.

If you'd like to share items without allowing them to be edited, you'll want to first create a new vault, share it with the Family Members that you'd like to give read-only access to, and then configure their permissions following Ben's instructions.

• FaZant
    FaZant
    Community Member

Thanks dbetty! I missed that part about the shared vault. Now everything is as I wanted it to be with a new Vault called Family.

• Great. Glad to hear that worked out. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.