Can't log in on app on Mac

amgold
amgold
Community Member

I can't log in on the app on my Mac with my team account. The sign-in address shows "my.1password.com" and not my team sign-in address and I have no way to change it. When I use my master password, I am unable to login. Do I need to change the sign-in address to my team address, and if so, how do I do that? I do not have another account.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @amgold! Are you certain you don't have another 1password.com account? If you're already signed in using one account, then you probably have another if the sign-in URL is different.

To add a new account into 1Password for Mac, follow these instructions. You can scan your Setup Code or enter your details manually. Let us know how that works for you.

• vemsom
    vemsom
    Community Member

I have the same problem. On both of my computers. I am scanning the setup code and copying the password from 1Password and stil cant log in.

• vemsom
    vemsom
    Community Member

Now i cant seem to log in via the webpage either... tried both phone and desktop, but i still can log in via my Andriod App

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@vemsom - I'm sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately, without a little more information, it will be difficult for us to say what might be wrong and how we might help you solve it. It sounds as if you've created a 1password.com account (or joined an existing one). If that's the case, you would have been given an auto-generated Secret Key and asked to choose a Master Password for the account. Do you remember the Master Password? If so, and if you have the correct Secret Key (either from the Setup Code or from manually entering it from your Emergency Kit), that should allow you in to your account. Can you please try signing into your account in a browser? Fill in your credentials and see if you can sign in. If not, then something is wrong either with the Secret Key you have or your memory/entry of your Master Password. If you can sign in, then that's a different issue. Let me know what you discover!

• vemsom
    vemsom
    Community Member

Yes. I've created a new account yesterday.
    Yes i know my password, and as i wrote in the previous post even copy the passwords and secret key from the site just to eliminate the potential risk of typing anything wrong.

Same on both computers.

• vemsom
    vemsom
    Community Member

Same via web from my phone. I open the app, copy the passwords. But still, can't log in.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@vensom - I'm not sure what you mean by "open the app, copy the passwords." What passwords are you copying, and from where?

• vemsom
    vemsom
    Community Member

@Lars I'm copying the passwords for my.1password.com. Should be the same passwords for Mobile APP, Desktop APP and website right?

• vemsom
    vemsom
    Community Member

• vemsom
    vemsom
    Community Member

@Lars i even use the setup code as you can see in the second picture above.

• vemsom
    vemsom
    Community Member

@Lars just realised, its not the same issue as the person who started the thread, my account is made via 1Password

• vemsom
    vemsom
    Community Member

BUMP

• Good morning @vemsom. It looks like there is another person on your family account who can recover your account for you so you can log in. You can find instructions on how to do account recovery here: https://support.1password.com/recovery/

Hope this helps, but if not please let us know.

• vemsom
    vemsom
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Update: 1PasswordX solve the issues.
    And I hadn't forgotten my password....
    @MrRooni

• Glad to hear you're all set. Thanks for following up!

This discussion has been closed.