To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Subscription without online account/vault

Options
bernardf
bernardf
Community Member

Hello,
I must say I don't really understand how this all works…
What I would like is to have all my passwords etc. in a vault on my Mac ONLY, and NOTHING online. Not interested in any sync at all.
I have just purchased a subscription, but then it seems I am encumbered with an online vault which I don't want.
Could you explain what I should do?
Bernard

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: None

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bernardf,

I've answered a very similar question here:

Subscribe - Keep Using Dropbox [Not recommended] — 1Password Forum

Please give that a read and see if it helps. If not, or if you have further questions, please feel free to reply here and I'll do my best to help.

Ben

• bernardf
    bernardf
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. This is not really what I was asking - this other thread deals with syncing using other systems than 1Password's own; I don't want any syncing, at all..
    Actually I want to have a vault on my mac, and that's all. No data online at all; not even a vault with nothing in it.
    Should I revert to the standalone license instead of a susbcription?

• Ben
    Options

I don't want any syncing, at all..

I'd be very hesitant to recommend that. Not having any sort of sync established means your data will only exist on the device that you enter it on. Losing access to 1Password on that device via any means (loss, theft, damage, etc etc) would mean losing all of your 1Password data. That would not be an acceptable risk for most people. Is that something you had considered?

Ben

• bernardf
    bernardf
    Community Member
    Options

Of course Ben. This is my choice, I have multiple backups, I know what I am doing.
    So… what do I do? How do I return to "local only" iPassword?

• bernardf
    bernardf
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben.
    But if I do this, when I select "License" in the 1Password menu, I get the following message:

I DID pay for a license, what does this mean?

Bernard

• bernardf
    bernardf
    Community Member
    Options

In addition, since I did what is described in your instructions ("To use 1Password without an account, choose 1Password > Preferences. Click Accounts, select your account, and click the - button."), whenever I try to use 1Password to access a web site, I get this message and I cannot actually use 1Password - whereas I do have a license (I am still in the free 30 days, but I did pay for a full year of subscription) :

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bernardf

I DID pay for a license, what does this mean?

It isn't possible to purchase a 1Password 7 for Mac license while signed into a 1Password membership (including a trial). That purchase would've had to have happened after signing out of the membership account.

In addition, since I did what is described in your instructions ("To use 1Password without an account, choose 1Password > Preferences. Click Accounts, select your account, and click the - button."), whenever I try to use 1Password to access a web site, I get this message and I cannot actually use 1Password

Right; you'd need to purchase and apply a license in order to use 1Password in standalone mode.

whereas I do have a license (I am still in the free 30 days, but I did pay for a full year of subscription) :

Licenses don't have a trial period. If you entered billing information for a membership but are still within the membership trial then you have not been charged, and deleting your 1Password account will prevent you from being charged (if you set up billing through us directly; if you set it up through Apple please see this guide: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support ).

I'd suggest checking your receipts to verify what you've actually purchased. From our conversation here I wouldn't suspect that you'd paid any money for membership or 1Password 7 yet.

Ben

• bernardf
    bernardf
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben.
    So I gather that what I would have to do now is purchase a 1Password 7 for Mac license.
    Could you remind me the price, and where I can get it (it is not immediately apparent from the site).

• Hello @bernardf,

A license for one platform for 1Password 7 is regularly $65 USD + tax (if applicable). You can purchase a license through the 1Password 7 for Mac app. Select 1Password > Purcahse 1Password and you will see the option presented to you in a new window.

Please let us know if you need help getting that set up!

• bernardf
    bernardf
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! I'll look this up.

• Glad we could help :+1:

This discussion has been closed.