French keyboard in QWERTY in the app

JuCos
JuCos
Community Member

Hello,
strange problem (I don't know if it comes from iOS or the app):
when I go to an element (a login for example) and click on one of the text fields to modify it, the keyboard that appears is the French keyboard (I am French) but it still remains in QWERTY (the French keyboard is normally AZERTY). I don't see this concern in any other app or in any part of the OS....
The concern is also not present in the research field
Regards,

Julien

1Password Version: 7.2.7 (70207001)
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 12.1.3
Sync Type: 1Password.eu

Comments

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member

The behavior is the same on my iPhone and iPad (same version of the app and of iOS)
    ;)

• Hi @Ju971 ,

Can you check if this happens in password fields in other apps? I know you said it doesn't happen in other apps, but didn't know if you explicitly checked password fields in those other apps.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member

I will download an other password manager to test it!

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member

Unable to reproduce the problem with Safari or Dashlane in the password entry fields

• @Ju971,

We'll take a look; I suspect we're doing this to all password fields rather than just the master password field.

• @Ju971,

This appears to possibly be an iOS 12 bug, we're definitely marking our password fields as secure input fields. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52701160/native-uitextfield-secure-text-entry-forces-english-us-keyboard

do you see this switch to qwerty for non-password fields?

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member

No, actually this behavior is only encountered when in the password fields

• @Ju971,

Thanks, that confirms my suspicion that this is a weird apple bug with secure input fields.

• jmrclle
    jmrclle
    Community Member

Hello, I have the exact same problem. I just bought the new iPad Pro with the new Magic Keyboard, which is AZERTY. 1Password is the first app I installed and upon trying to save a new password, I have the exact same problem. By putting the cursor in the password field, my keyboard changes to QWERTY. No big deal when you are typing on your screen, but with a AZERTY-keyboard attached to your iPad, you don’t see which character you are typing. I am running iOS 13.4 on a brand new iPad. Language set in English (US), region etc to Belgium with keyboard in AZERTY. No other app reproduces this problem, it only happens in the password field of 1Password.

Kind regards,
    Julien (coincidentally the same name as the one who started this thread)

• @jmrclle,

Unfortunately, it is still the case that text fields that are marked as Secure Text Entry will cause the OS to choose the QWERTY keyboard for password input. I would recommend filing an issue with Apple via either their customer feedback mechanism at https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html or their developer feedback reporter at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/

• jmrclle
    jmrclle
    Community Member

Dear Rudy,

Thank you for your reply! Will do.

Kind regards,
    Julien

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.