Duo Security + Families Account

ohreally
ohreally
Community Member

I hear you can use Duo with Teams. What about with Families? Duo free allows up to 10 user, which would be a perfect fit for families.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• roustem
    edited May 2018

We thought about this too. Unfortunately, Duo requires above average technical skills and it would not work well for most families.

Our regular 2FA setting is a bit simpler and can be enabled for any account type.

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

If I may, why not offering it as an alternative to standard totp (for individual accounts too)? This way, those of us with more technical skills could choose it and beginners would not .

• ohreally
    ohreally
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

:'(

• I am sorry, we will not be able to provide Duo accounts to families and individuals. It is a product for businesses and it would be too expensive for us to support -- we simply cannot tell if the account belongs to a technical user or not. If we enable it for everyone then it will confuse many customers and we will end up with people getting locked out of their accounts.

If you absolutely must have this feature then it is possible to open 1Password Teams account and use it for a single person.

• ohreally
    ohreally
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

@roustem fair enough...figured I'd ask anyway :chuffed:

• Thank you for understanding, @ohreally ❤️

• Gibby
    Gibby
    Community Member

This is a bummer, was looking at moving family over from Lastpass. Lastpass supports DUO for all types of their accounts. Including Free. So with zero cost to the user, a user could have a free Lastpass and free DUO account integrated together.

• Thanks for the feedback @Gibby. If Duo is important to you we do offer it with 1Password Teams membership. Alternatively all 1Password membership levels can take advantage of TOTP authentication:

Turn on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account

Ben

This discussion has been closed.