i/o timeout error trying to sign in

Options
fritzophrenic
fritzophrenic
Community Member

I tried playing with the CLI at work, where my Internet connection goes through a proxy. I can access 1password.com in a web browser, and I can "ping -n 5 1password.com" to see responses, but trying to use "op signin" with my family account and email address gives:

[LOG] 2018/09/14 15:27:08 (ERROR) Get https://EXAMPLE-FAM.1password.com/api/v2/auth/EXAMPLE@EXAMPLE.com/XX/HASHY/hashhashhash: dial tcp XX.XXX.XXX.XXX:443: i/o timeout

My web browser can access EXAMPLE-FAM.1password.com but pinging also fails.

1Password Version: CLI 0.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• fritzophrenic
    fritzophrenic
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

I should clarify, in case I just missed something: I did not see any way to configure a proxy with the "op" command in the online docs. So, I did not take any steps to tell op about my proxy information.

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fritzophrenic that's correct, there currently is no way to configure op to use a proxy. I think this is the first request I've heard for that functionality. I'm going to discuss this with my team on our weekly call.

• brianc400
    brianc400
    Community Member
    Options

What became of the proxy request discussion? Our team would like to integrate the CLI with our internal tools, but currently it is not possible behind our firewall.

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brianc400 Nothing has been decided yet, but I would love to hear details about your setup (what kind of proxy, what sort of configuration you would like to see, etc.)

This discussion has been closed.