Common vault in 1Pass v6 became private after upgrading, how to I restore full access for my spouse?

Options
DanielQ5445
DanielQ5445
Community Member

I just bought the family subscription and upgraded from a family license for 1Password 6. I shared a vault with my spouse with full read/write access for both of us. When 1Password upgraded to version 7, our common vault defaulted to become my private vault. I can see no way to share that vault with her.

How can I either change the Private Vault to give her full access or duplicate that vault in full to restore our desired functionality?

Thanks,

Daniel

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS latest
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @DanielQ5445,

With your new family membership you will now have two vaults. A "Private" vault and a "Shared" vault. After you invite your wife to the family account and she sets up her account in the apps, she will have access to items in the "Shared" vault.

When you upgraded all the items that were in that single vault became part of your "Private" vault. Unfortunately there is no way to share your "Private" vault. If there are items there that you want to share with your wife you can move/copy them to the shared vault. Instructions on moving items in our apps can be found here:
    https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/'

Hopefully that helps, if you have any questions or need any help please let us know!

• DanielQ5445
    DanielQ5445
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. That solution worked. It might nice to add a dialogue box in the conversion process. That dialogue could ask about what kind of vault (shared/private) the new imported default vault will be.

• Ben
    Options

@DanielQ5445

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that is something we'd have to consider very carefully. It may provide too much opportunity for folks to shoot themselves in the foot. The built-in "Shared" vault is accessible to all family members. It is really easy to share a secret that is not already shared. It is much more difficult to "un-share" that secret. Something to look into, though. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.