To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My vault’s mess:missing credit cards,duplicated everything; I don’t have any idea how to even start

bleeber
bleeber
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Memberships

Oh I miss the decade past when you upgraded and 1PW did it for you and you didn’t have to learn how to install it all over.
I think with that erroneous expectation I clicked a bunch things the told me without deep knowledge of how things work now and it seem my vault is a mess.
It duplicated everything probably because I clicked without understanding what was intended by the developers. I don’t know if I should go through and delete each duplicate but don't know which is the correct one.
My vault is missing my credit cards something I used a lot in the past. I don’t trust what other items I have nor know what I don’t have.

I look at all these faces at the top of this page and wonder, Really, you took something that was really cool, easy and useful and drop this in our lap. I’ll confess, I’m an old geezer and not the sharpest computer mind but Ive had computers since 1982 and have a Ph.D. in Psychology and I’ll own my shortcomings but Criminy!

By the way: Do you keep my passwords if I don’t renew my membership next year? Will my access stop then?
I hope you will be willing to solve this despite my unpleasantness. I have actually lost sleep over this.

Thanks for any help

ref: NMQ-98219-112

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

No worries! In all likelihood you are going to love this new implementation of 1Password, once you get used to it! The duplication of item is most likely due to the fact that once items have been moved to your personal vault, the older, "primary" vault will need to be eliminated.

For now, just relax! I believe everything you have described is fixable.

• Hello @bleeber,

Can you check if 1Password 7 lists your account Private vault as well as the old Primary vault? I think @glindsey has the right idea.

If they are both still there it may be that you need to remove the Primary vault from the app.

Before you do that, make sure that all the items made it over. Click on the Primary vault and check what the item count is. Make sure that your Private vault has the same number of items. If that's the case then you should be good to remove the Primary vault.

• bleeber
    bleeber
    Community Member

The old vault doesn’t seem to be there. For awhile I had duplicate logins but not now. I just did whatever it told me when I installed it. Now I don’t have any credit cards. I have no Idea what to do next.

• bleeber
    bleeber
    Community Member

What happens to all my years of data if my membership lapsed? Would 1password own control of my data?

• Hey @bleeber... you will always be able to access your data... even if your membership lapses. In the case of a lapsed subscription, 1Password simply enters a read-only mode. So all of your data is still yours and accessible, you just can't add to it until the subscription becomes active again.

Now let's try to figure out what happened, what buttons got clicked, and what happened to your credit card items.

It sounds like you are "clicking" things... so I'm guessing you're on a computer. Is that right? Windows or Mac? Do you have any other devices you use 1Password on... like a phone?

This discussion has been closed.