I replaced the chrome extension on my Windows PC and can now not sign in.

I replaced the Chrome browser extension, it would not launch the app, it is now asking me to sign in to an account. I do not believe i have an account as i purchased my licence years ago. How can i get the extension working again?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 1.13.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:create account with purchased licence

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Glenaltwasser,

It sounds like you installed 1Password X, our new extension that requires 1Password account.

Our standard extension that connects to 1Password 4 on your PC is still available for download on our website, but please note that 1Password extension for 1Password 4 will not work in Chrome 72, please see the discussion here.

If you want to use 1Password extension, you'd need to either upgrade to 1Password 7, or use one of the other supported browsers (such as Brave, Firefox, Opera, etc.).

Let me know if it helps. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Glenaltwasser
    Glenaltwasser
    Community Member

Hi Greg. Thank you for the information. Does the license I purchased so many years ago transfer to 1 Password 7?

• 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade, @Glenaltwasser. If you'd prefer to stick with 1Password 4, Brave, Vivaldi (Chromium-based), and Firefox will all still work fine, so I'd suggest choosing one of those browsers if you're not interested in upgrading. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.