Tutanota not working with 1Password and Autofill

chooze
chooze
Community Member

I know this is not your issue but Tutanota is not working correctly with 1Password and Autofill (I imagine it's not working with any autofill). Basically, it appears that the password is being appended to the text field hint rather than replacing it. So you end up with the word "password" followed by your actual password. The developers and the open source community around the project don't seem to know how to fix this. If one of your developers could point them in the right direction it would be great and would help out any of your users trying to use their app.

Here is their GitHub issue on the problem:
https://github.com/tutao/tutanota/issues/734

Thanks in advance
chooze

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• chooze
    chooze
    Community Member

Oops just realized I posted this in the wrong area. Meant this to be in the general iOS not the Beta. Sorry about that.

• @chooze,

It looks like they've got multiple fields overlaid and all of them marked as content type password, so the OS's filling code picks the first one it finds, which isn't the one they intend to actually be used. I've seen a similar behavior in another app, it fills my username into the label instead of the field its meant to go into.

This discussion has been closed.