Is there a (new) know problem with the safari extension?

Yesterday, my Mac briefly showed a note that the safari extension was deactivated. And it was indeed gone from the menu bar. Re-Installing isn't possible - well, it is but it doesn't work - and when I restart safari, the extension is gone again. Same with restarting the the Mac.

Formal "de-installing2 in't possible this way, going to "safari extensions" shows it is missing and going from there to Apples Safari extension shows no "1 Password"

Any Idea, was there an up-date of Safari, which doesn't work with the extension?

Any idea how to solve this?

Thx
Diethard

1Password Version: 7.2.4.
Extension Version: can not tell you :-(
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Diethard,

I suspect I know the cause but to confirm and better learn why it happened I would really like to quickly review a diagnostic report from your Mac. Could you create one please and send it in. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

If after clicking the Create New Mail Message... button in the diagnostic reporting tool you see a bunch of errors dismiss the error message and instead now click on the icon to the right. This will open a Finder window focussed on a folder titled Diagnostics. In there you will see a folder and a ZIP file (whose contents are the folder). Attach the ZIP file to your email and send that in.

• Diethard
    Diethard
    Community Member

E-Mail and diagnostic report sent to support+extension@1passowrd.com

thanks for taking care

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Diethard,

It looks like it isn't what I was thinking and we'll have to do some troubleshooting with you. I'll respond to your email and we'll take it from there.

• Diethard
    Diethard
    Community Member

B I G S M I L E

EVEN BIGGEr THANK YOU.

All worked out, Safari Extension tested and works.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Diethard,

That's better than I was hoping for but I'm always happy to take the win :smile: If the issue returns please let us know. The fact that whatever macOS/Safari was unhappy about wasn't clear from the diagnostic report means it's hard to know precisely what we resolved. You certainly shouldn't be having to follow those steps I suggested with any regularity at all.

In case anybody else comes across this thread, the diagnostic report didn't reveal what I was initially suspecting and so Diethard happily followed some generic steps for me that, as it turns out, were successful. Those steps were:

1. If 1Password is currently running hold down the alt/option key and click on the 1Password icon in the macOS menu bar at the top of the screen. Select the menu option Quit 1Password Completely.
    2. Drag the 1Password Application bundle from /Applications/ to the Trash.
    3. Restart your Mac for good measure.
    4. Download and install a fresh copy of 1Password from "Downloads - 1Password" page.
    5. Launch 1Password and unlock.
    6. Launch Safari and enter Safari's preferences, switching to the Extensions tab.
    7. Confirm the 1Password extension is present, is displaying version 7.2.4 and that the extension is enabled (the checkbox in the lefthand sidebar).
    8. Test to see if the extension is working.
This discussion has been closed.