1password doesn't notice login entry on website

rainerfeldbruegge
rainerfeldbruegge
Community Member

I am prompted a login name and password on a website, not yet known to 1password. When I enter a name and password I expect 1password to pop up and suggest me to save this login and password for the website. But nothing happens. Even more - i don't find any way to enter the login manually. So there is no chance at all to ever revisit this website, since nobody knows the login credentials.

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password doesn't notice login entry on website

Comments

• @rainerfeldbruegge,

If you're still actually using 6.5.1 then you'll definitely want to minimally update to 1Password 6.8.9. If you're using the Mac App Store version then you will want to drag the application to the trash and re-install from your App Store purchases tab in order to get the latest version.

1Password 7 is also another option here, but it is a paid upgrade for standalone license users. You could also choose to move to a 1Password.com subscription which would include all of the latest versions of each of the applications (mac, windows, ios, android).

• El_mandini
    El_mandini
    Community Member

I'm using 7.2.4 and also with me it doesn't pop up to ask if this password should be saved. I'm using the Starter Kit for one month to test it, but what sense does this make if I can't use it fully?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @El_mandini,

rainerfeldbruegge's issue was almost guaranteed to be that the copy of 1Password was so old nothing was working the way it should and I don't believe there will have been a connection to the extension. We had an issue some time ago of an expired certificate that caused havoc and I think it was around the 6.5 time. So I don't think your issue is related.

In order to assist we will need to learn more about your setup.

1. What is your preferred browser?
    2. Do you have our extension installed and if so what version?
    3. IsIf the issue that you are experiencing is signing into an an existing account doesn't see a prompt what site or sites have you tried? The issue could be specific to that site.

There may be other questions but those will help us with what to ask next.

• carguy1946
    carguy1946
    Community Member

I too am having the same problem with one site in particular but not all sites. I just signed up and am using 7.2.4 on Safari. I presume it is the latest extension because I just subscribed (and I don't know how to determine the version of the extension).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @carguy1946! If you're not opposed to posting it publicly, what is the URL of the site you're having trouble with? If you can't get a prompt to save any sites in 1Password (like some of the other posters in this thread), that tends to indicate an overall problem. But if it's a problem with just one site, then that means 1Password is functioning properly (else it would not save other sites), and the problem is site-specific.

A couple of things I'd try to do would be to first make sure you're using the recommended method for saving a Login item in Safari. If that's what you're doing and it's just not working for this site, we'd love to know what site it is, but also you can try saving the Login manually. Let me know if that works for you.

• carguy1946
    carguy1946
    Community Member

I saved the login manually and it took. As of now, not issues. Thanks for the prompt follow-up.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@carguy1946 - by "it took," do you mean just that you were able save it? Or that you tested it by trying to sign in and it worked? If it's the latter, great! But if the former, then that's expected behavior; saving a Login item manually will always "work" in that sense (it will be saved). Whether it actually functions correctly or not is another matter, though.

• carguy1946
    carguy1946
    Community Member

The latter. I was able to save it and then use it to log on.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@carguy1946 - great! Glad to hear that worked out for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.