Sort order for vaults/synchronization

Options
MonMonque
MonMonque
Community Member

I just recently realized that by subscribing to 1Password, a new vault was created ("Personal" in addition to "Primary" – Can I change the name on these so I don't have to keep looking up which "P" vault is which?).

My Mac only shows the Personal vault, while my phone and iPad show both. I'm assuming both are being synchronized, but they aren't in sync with each other – I'd like to do this and then delete the Primary vault, which resides on Dropbox.

The problem with this is that both vaults are holding approximately 520 items – way too many for a manual sync. I just want to see the relatively recent stuff so I can make sure it is in the Personal vault before deleting Primary. Is there a way to sort the entries in vaults by date?

Even better, can I get the installed version of 1Password on my Mac to open and merge the Primary vault, so I don't have to torture myself by doing it manually on the iDevices?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6, iOS12.1.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Sort order for vaults?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @MonMonque,

I'd be happy to help with this.

I just recently realized that by subscribing to 1Password, a new vault was created ("Personal" in addition to "Primary" – Can I change the name on these so I don't have to keep looking up which "P" vault is which?).

Part of the migration process is to delete the Primary vault, but you may have opted to not do that. In the future opting out won't be an option, as unfortunately it only causes difficulties like this. Folks think they're doing the safe thing by keeping it, but it really only causes problems. Anyway:

Is there a way to sort the entries in vaults by date?

Not on iOS; at least not yet. That is something I'm strongly advocating for with our development team.

Even better, can I get the installed version of 1Password on my Mac to open and merge the Primary vault, so I don't have to torture myself by doing it manually on the iDevices?

I think unfortunately this is the best option for right now. You can learn about how to sync the Primary vault to the Mac here:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

Once you've got all of the data you want to keep from the Primary vault into the Personal vault please be sure to delete the Primary vault from all of your devices: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

ref: apple-2392

• MonMonque
    MonMonque
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. The instructions given didn't help me in my current situation.

To be clear, my Mac only shows the Personal account. My iOS devices show both the Personal account and the old Primary account on Dropbox.

Anyway, not a problem. Here's what I did to rectify the situation, just in case someone finds themselves in a similar situation (sooner is better for this method).

I imported the old Primary keychain into 1Password on my Mac, and then had the item view sort by date created. I clicked on the Primary vault and then selected all items in the view. When I then clicked on "All Vaults," the items highlighted in the primary vault remained highlighted and I could go down the list to see what still needed to be moved to the Personal vault. I only had to go to around the time I signed up for the subscription (last June), as that would have been when the Personal vault was created from the items in the Primary vault.

All good now, I have erased the Primary vaults on my iOS devices.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @MonMonque. I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution that worked for you. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.