When I hit the reveal, I can only see the first few letters of my password. What do I do?

Options
Inga
Inga
Community Member

How do I see my entire password? I only saw the first few letters.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Reveal

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Inga

What version of 1Password are you using? And on what platform (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, etc)?

Ben

• Inga
    Inga
    Community Member
    Options

An iPad iOS 12.1.3 I just updated it this morning

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @Inga. If you tap on the password field in the 1Password for iOS app and then tap "Show in Large Type" does that help?

Ben

• Inga
    Inga
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for answering so quickly. No, the large type doesn’t help.

• Ben
    Options

Could you please create a 'test' Login item that doesn't contain any actual credentials and then post a screenshot showing what you mean? I'm at a bit of a loss. Please do not post any sensitive information.

Thanks.

Ben

• Inga
    Inga
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I put up a screen shot. Is there anyway I can email you directly?

• Inga
    Inga
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, I really need this password. What else do I do?

• Ben
    Options

@Inga

You can email the screenshot to support+forum@1password.com. When you email in you'll get a support ID from BitBot. Please post that ID here. That said, I just pulled up one of my passwords in 1Password for iOS that is 30+ characters. Do you suspect the password is longer than that? If not I can't imagine how you'd be seeing anything less than the entire contents. But perhaps a screenshot will shed some light.

Ben

• Inga
    Inga
    Community Member
    Options

• Ben
    Options

@Inga

I appreciate your efforts here but unfortunately you've "blued"-out the relevant part of the screenshot. Let's try this, please. Create a new Login item following this video:

[Here's the link to the video.](https://com-agilebits-users.s3.amazonaws.com/tmp/ben/ScreenRecordingInga1.mp4)

When you do that are you able to see the entire password when you hit either Large Type or Reveal? Hitting either of those options shows everything that there is in the password field. What you're shown is all that is there. If you do not see the entire contents of the test item's password please post a screenshot that shows the test password (either revealed or in large type).

Ben

• Inga
    Inga
    Community Member
    Options

Here is a picture that shows the password in large type.

• Ben
    Options

@Inga

xS... is the actual end of the contents of the password field on that item, then. The '...' is not an ellipsis added by 1Password indicating more information is available; that is what is actually stored in the field.

Ben

• Inga
    Inga
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thank you for responding. I can’t imagine that I put ... at the end of my password. I thought I made this password longer than most but I guess there is no way to really see it

• Ben
    Options

@Inga

Are you using the 1Password password generator to create passwords? If not I'd highly recommend doing so:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

Ben

This discussion has been closed.