Chrome Extension Does Not Open Without Desktop App Being Open

For some reason, my Chrome extension no longer opens/launches without the desktop app also being open. This was not occurring previously and is quite frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension not opening

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @changalanggg,

What is the state of the setting titled Always keep 1Password mini running? You can find it in the General tab of 1Password's preferences. The companion extension is merely a bridge between the browser and 1Password so by itself it isn't capable of anything. At the very minimum it requires that 1Password mini is running so if that setting is disabled that would explain the behaviour you're seeing.

• changalanggg
    changalanggg
    Community Member

Ah there it is! Thanks for the quick solution. Just got a new laptop, so the settings weren't the same as my old one. Cheers!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @changalanggg,

So I think for ages we had the default as enabled but then to remain within certain guidelines we had to leave it as an option to be enabled by the user. We were allowed to have it displayed in a setup wizard which we do but I think if it was overlooked (which I suspect is easy to do) then it would result in what you saw. I'm glad we could wrap it up nice and cleanly :smile:

• changalanggg
    changalanggg
    Community Member

Gotcha! Thanks for the 👍product and support.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Do let us know if there is anything else we can help with, otherwise I hope 1Password continues to work well for you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.