To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrade v4 to v7. Do I need a paid subscription?

Pat Williams
Pat Williams
Community Member

Had version 4 on my PC, used license key. Upgraded to version 7. Do I need a paid subscription?

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Pat Williams - no. We're still selling standalone licenses for 1Password 7 for Windows and 1Password 7 for Mac, for people who want them. These are usually longer-term users of 1Password who are already familiar with things like setting up advanced 3rd party sync via Dropbox and managing various aspects of their 1Password use that are much easier with a 1password.com membership. If you're interested in at least having a look, I'd definitely recommend reading about the benefits of a membership. But if you ultimately decide you want to continue via the standalone route, you can click the "Read Only" badge in 1Password 7 for Windows and you'll be taken to our FastSpring store where you can purchase a license for version 7 at the "launch special" rate of $49.99. I should mention that at some point, that price will return to the regular price of $64.99, and I don't know when that will be...but probably best not to wait too long if this is what you decide to do. Hope that helps! :)

• Pat Williams
    Pat Williams
    Community Member

Thanks. I've decided to go with 1Password.com. Looks like I've got it set up, mini is up and running in PC browser & IOS app. So am I safe now to uninstall the 1Password v. 7 standalone app from my PC?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Pat Williams - well, wait a minute now: it sounds as if you installed 1Password X. That's great! And if you have only the 1password.com account, and don't think you'll need/want the standalone application, you can certainly remove 1Password 7 for Windows from your PC. But you can also keep it if you like, as long as you understand that 1Password X and the regular ("requires standalone app") extension are not the same thing. The latter requires 1Password 7 for Windows and is designed to fill in data from it. 1Password X works independently of any local 1Password app.

• Pat Williams
    Pat Williams
    Community Member

Got it. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.