My email address is not longer associated with account and I cannot reset my password.

Options
javidnky2005
javidnky2005
Community Member

I never got an email stating it was changed. Will I be able to be helped at all to recover? I tried to use my fingerprint on my app but I think because I synced the app to a new device it defaulted to password vs fingerprint.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:email address changed without my consent

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2019
    Options

@javidnky2005

I see you've also emailed us about this issue. We'll be in touch via email shortly.

Ben

ref: KTT-53525-374

• javidnky2005
    javidnky2005
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm Ok makes sense (I think). So how do I reset my master password if I've not got an account via the website? My data is synced to iCloud.

• Ben
    Options

@javidnky2005

It isn't possible to reset the 1Password Master Password. That said we do have some tips that may be helpful available here:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• javidnky2005
    javidnky2005
    Community Member
    Options

Well I remembered my password after all. I thought someone had comprised me. I'm good now. Thanks for all the help.

• Ben
    Options

No problem @javidnky2005. I'm glad to hear you were able to remember your Master Password and that things worked out. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.