To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to sign up for membership?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Sign up problems.

Comments

• Ineedhelpplease
    Ineedhelpplease
    Community Member

I GIVE UP!!!!
    Started from the very beginning with you. recommend 1 pw to everyone! Not any more. I have 2 macs and a phone. Just trying to get one set up. i'v got k7 going on the iMac but can't figure out for the life of me how to pay for it! Just want to get it done - going overseas and don't want any confusion.
    YOU GUYS COUD NOT HAVE MADE THIS MORE DIFFICULT IF YOU TRIED!

• Ineedhelpplease
    Ineedhelpplease
    Community Member

Now it is not working at all. How can i start over?

• I'm sorry to hear you've had difficulty, @Ineedhelpplease. If you need to start over please see this thread for instructions:

FAQ: I'm locked out of my account (membership) / need to start over — 1Password Forum

Ben

• Ineedhelpplease
    Ineedhelpplease
    Community Member

i am not locked out. i have my 6 account on my MacBook. i just want to get 7 off my iMac and start over with a sub.

• Ineedhelpplease
    Ineedhelpplease
    Community Member

i have been reading your links all day

• Hey @Ineedhelpplease,

I'm so sorry for the trouble getting started with a subscription. The best way to start is to sign up for a membership here (you'll get a free 30 day trial):

https://1password.com/sign-up/

Once you've signed up, you can add your account to 1Password for Mac, and it'll help you move over your existing items to your new account. Also, there is no need to remove 1Password 7, as it is included with your subscription. Let us know if you have any questions along the way!

• iamkellywatts
    iamkellywatts
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

I am beginning to doubt my own abilities with this 1password program.....I can't remember having this much difficulty learning any other software. I think I have a Family account, at least that is what I am paying for. Show me where a step by step list of how to implement a Family account and all the family members is located. It is really a simple thing I want to do: set up an account for me, the administrator, and for now, just one other family member. So lets say I am John and the family member is Mary. I get setting up John with an account and then inviting Mary. She confirms the invitation and I then confirm on my end. Where does her "account" get created? Or if it is as I fear, there is no account for Mary, just a few vaults with her name on them. If I try to add her as a person with an account it will show up as Frozen; because the Mary account is a now separate account, just like Johns account, and it is NOT a family member account...because there are no family member accounts? So exactly what steps do I do to add Mary as a family member without her account getting frozen?

Thanks,

[email address removed; this is a public forum]

• iamkellywatts
    iamkellywatts
    Community Member

1 more thing Windoze 10 and latest 1password version

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@iamkellywatts - I'm sorry for the confusion and difficulties. The section you're wondering about may be our section on Family Organizers in 1Password Families. The Family Organizer is the "Admin" of the overall account, and its first member. It is (s)he who invites other members to join, and confirms their sign-up. Give that section a read and see if it answers the questions you have. If not, feel free to ask any remaining questions here, and I'll be happy to help get you squared away. :)

• iamkellywatts
    iamkellywatts
    Community Member

So, thinking in terms of database tables, the invitees each have Identity records, People records, Login Records (or User records?) and Vault records "all resulting" from being Invited and Confirmed, but NOT Account records like individual Accounts or Family Accounts? Or do those "resulting" records need to be created after the Invitations are Confirmed?

After dicking around with this program for several days I have an orphaned email address and I get "cannot sign User is deleted" when trying to sign in and changing the email address to "New User for Richard …) and then select "Account List" and now the "Family Account" shows the "Richard" account and just below are 2 indented "sub-accounts?" for Richard and Regina, and when I click on "Edit List" both of which will display Red Minus Sign...if I select either the Richard or Regina, it says "Remove Richard account?" which I don't want to do or everything will be deleted right? It is the Regina one than has the orphaned email address "or Login?" which I don't know how to deal with.

Thanks,

Richard

• iamkellywatts
    iamkellywatts
    Community Member

I know I have something screwed up...not sure what, but I think you can look at it and probably fix it or tell me how to. I see I have 2 accounts, one Richard and one Kelly and I think I should only have 1...Richard. But I can't figure how to delete the Kelly one on the page url "https://start.1password.com/support/accounts". And I don't see the one I invited and confirmed anywhere. If you can figure this out, I am all ears, but I am tempted to delete everything and start over. Please advise.

Thanks

Richard

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@iamkellywatts - we don't discuss details of (or even the existence of) people's 1Password accounts here on this public forum, for security and privacy reasons. I've sent you a quick email to the address you used to register for this forum. If you don't receive it, please check your Spam or Bulk email folder, as sometimes overzealous spam filters can mark unsolicited email from us as junk (the NERVE! 😉). Let's continue this conversation in private.

This discussion has been closed.