When using multiple accounts, the unlock screen only unlocks one of them.

When using multiple accounts, the unlock screen only unlocks one of them. If you want to get the passwords on the second account, you need to click settings, notice that the other accounts are locked, then click on each one and login to the web interface.

I think this might be left over confusion with how master passwords work with multiple accounts. I always found it funky that the master password is whichever account you used first. Perhaps the lock screen should have multiple master password forms, one for each account, or perhaps there should be the concept of trust relationships where there is a category that stores other 1password accounts.

This is how it would work: You choose the master account in the client, then in that main account, you can define other 1password accounts with a special type of "1password account". 1password would know that when the master account is unlocked, then go look for other accounts to unlock at the same time.

If I no longer wanted my master account to unlock other accounts, I simply remove the 1password record for the other account from the master account.

Clear as mud?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1113.2
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @akschu

I always found it funky that the master password is whichever account you used first.

In the 1Password desktop apps you are correct, that is how it works. But that isn't how it works with 1Password X. To unlock multiple accounts with 1Password X all of those accounts would need to share the same Master Password. You're right: this is not very clear. Hopefully as we continue to move forward we'll be able to provide more context and consistency.

Ben

• akschu
    akschu
    Community Member

Does my suggestion make sense?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Indeed it does! Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. We're always looking for ways to make improvements to 1Password. :)

This discussion has been closed.