1passwordx Chome page freezes when generating password in password field

when signing up for a new login and also using autofill

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.14.3
OS Version: Chrome Version 72.0.3626.96
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:1passwordx Chome page freezes when generating password in password field

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @hershyg! I'm glad you reached out. Are you noticing this happen on multiple websites or just one in particular? If the latter, I'd love to grab the URL from you so I can do some testing myself. :)

• hershyg
    hershyg
    Community Member

lately, its been happening to 95% of the websites I visit, You can try this one toggl.com and signup for an account

• cecelia
    edited February 2019

Hey @hershyg ! Thanks for sending over that URL. I wasn't able to reproduce this issue (I tried on a handful of sites). It looks like your 1Password X app and Chrome are already up to date, so if it's alright with you, I'd love to gather some more information and help you track down the issue. If you'd like to send in a diagnostic report we can check to see if anything jumps out at us.

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+x@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

A link to this thread: url
    Your forum username: username
    That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• sunkzero
    sunkzero
    Community Member

Hi,

I am also having the same issue. Do you want me to post a fresh thread or send a support e-mail with diagnostic reports referencing this thread and my username?

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

I also noticed it on a few pages.
    Here's an example

https://accounts.codemasters.com/account/changepassword

Chrome: 72.0.3626.96
    1P X: 1.14

• fiddle_n
    fiddle_n
    Community Member

Just want to chime in: I'm also having the exact same problem. When I ask 1Password X to autofill a new secure password for me on an online form, it crashes the form completely and I have to refresh the page. Autofilling existing credentials works totally fine for me; the problem is specifically for autofilling new passwords. My main workaround at the moment is to generate a secure password in the 1Password X window and then copy+paste it into the new password field.

Hilariously, this is my first post on the 1Password X forum. I just created an account a few minutes ago to chime in that I was having the same problem, and I crashed the 1Password Forum Registration page with this exact issue!

I'm on Chrome 71.0.3578.98 with 1Password X 1.14. I have a feeling there's something in the 1.14 release that's doing this.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

Hope the Team can fix this fast.

• Calmcacil
    Calmcacil
    Community Member

I am also experiencing this issue, it also happens on this specific website when i made this account, however, i opened the console and these are the errors reported in console when it "locked" up the site for me.

These below errors occur in console when i click a generated password and it looks to me that it might be related to the save site popup failing to properly initialize.

chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/inline/inline.html#/en/savelogin/388/388:1 Error handling response: TypeError: Cannot read property 'initialTitle' of undefined
    at chrome.runtime.sendMessage.e (chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/inline/inline.js:1:120795)

chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/inline/inline.html#/en/savelogin/388/388:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.

• Calmcacil
    Calmcacil
    Community Member

Adding further to this, it seems what "crashes" is after filling a new random password, the prompt to save the new password, or updating the old one. Either it pops up invisibly, or crashes in initializing leaving the site unresponsive.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Calmcacil & @blaxxz,

I think I've reproduced what you're seeing and seem to be able to reproduce reliably enough that the developers ought to as well. It's certainly something I don't remember seeing before so feels like we've introduced a bug. I've filed a bug and hopefully we can locate the cause.

ref: x/b5x#788

• hershyg
    hershyg
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables Great please let us know when this gets resolved

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

I've just looked at the issue and assigned myself as I have a few ideas on what might be causing it. I'm currently working with the rest of the 1Password X team in person, but I'll make sure to grab some free time this week to debug and fix this. Thanks for everyone who reported it! 💙

• ChainsawBaby
    ChainsawBaby
    Community Member

@beyer is there any update on this? I'm getting this issue, and it's preventing me from working (web-developer)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ChainsawBaby – I'm curious what version of 1Password X you're using. Would you mind letting me know the version of your browser as well? The reason I'm asking is because the issue from this thread was resolved months ago. I'm wondering if the same issue has come up again or if you're experiencing something new. Let me know!

• jamiemortimer
    jamiemortimer
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn,

Just found this thread as was searching for a resolution to this problem. I've been experiencing this since I swapped over to using 1Password X from the standard browser plugin.

I'm still getting this problem and am on 1.16.2.

Hope there's a resolution soon?

Thanks,

Jamie

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @jamiemortimer! Thanks for getting in touch with us. Could you let me know what exactly happens prior to the page freezing on you? The issue reported in this thread was resolved in 1Password X version 1.14.1 back in February, so it could be an entirely different issue. If you can provide the steps to reproduce as well as the version of Chrome you're using, that'd be great.

This discussion has been closed.