Site not found in search in Safari or Chrome extensions even when present in 1Password app

BAF
BAF
Community Member

When I am in Safari or Chrome and search for 1Password information by using the extension icon, there is a blank when I search for Pandora or CNN. There may be others, but I have not checked. I do not know how long this has been the case. I believe that I had to reinstall the extensions when I upgraded to Mojave. The problem occurs on both my iMac and my MacBook pro. I have recently been doing a lot of changes in 1Password regarding email addresses and passwords to clean up my system, but to the best of my knowledge have not changed CNN or Pandora. Other sites are working well. I did also recently change my Apple id's if that is of interest. Please note that the information in the 1Password app appears unaffected.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Safari 7.2.4 Chrome 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.4.2
Sync Type: iCloud?

Comments

• @BAF,

You'll want to double check that those items don't have their display setting set to never suggest in browser. you can do this by putting those items into edit mode in the main window and scrolling down to the bottom of the item details.

• BAF
    BAF
    Community Member

Thank you so much. I had no idea such a setting existed. Is there a way to globally search to see if other entries have the same option selected? You are the Man!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BAF - there is indeed! In the main 1Password window, click the magnifying glass icon at the left of the search bar at the top of the item list, and choose "Show Search Options." In the resulting options window, click the left-most item (probably set to "Title", since that's the default), and choose "Shown in browser" (and set the other parameter to "is not"), like this:

Hope that's helpful! :)

• BAF
    BAF
    Community Member

Most helpful. Exactly what I needed. Many Thanks. (I wonder how I changed the display items.)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BAF - glad I could help! :)

This discussion has been closed.