Multiple URLs for single login/password

My company uses LDAP for user authentication, so multiple local servers would use the same set of credentials. Some servers have dedicated sub-domains (a.corp.com, b.corp.com) and 1Password can correctly recognize second level domain and fills in the data. The problem is with servers that sit on raw ip address, 1P treat them as independent and offers to create a new entry. That won't work as our password policy forces us to update password every three months, so I'll have to go and update it in all the records manually.

What I'd like to have is an ability to add synonym urls to the password entry, but I can't find it anywhere. LastPass can do that, are there any plans to add this functionality here?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Yury

1Password supports multiple website fields on an item. I've attached an example:

As long as the login form for each isn't too different this tactic should work. :+1:

Ben

• Yury
    Yury
    Community Member

Indeed it works! I was very confused by "Sign-In Page" that you can't duplicate and haven't even checked "website" field before. What's the difference between them after all?

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

I would like to know that, too. 1P X sometimes saves as "website" and sometimes as "sign-in-page".

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Yury & @blaxxz,

So they're all special URL fields underneath but website is the default label for a new field and I'm guessing 1Password X is trying to be helpful by supplying what it believes is a more accurate label for this URL. You are free to change the label to whatever you wish as really the label is for you and I as the user than for 1Password.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

Thank you for the explanation. ;)

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.