i am unable to open and fill in a basic password

Options

using a four year old mac book pro I cannot open and fill an account which has accepted a new created basic password .I have tried various combinations to click on the 1 password icon and but still cannot gain access to this site .Please advise.

1Password Version: think it' version 7 ?
Extension Version: honestly haven't a clue
OS Version: iOS 10.12 14
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:can you delete multiple unwanted/not working logins?

Comments

• billybobs
    billybobs
    Community Member
    Options

unfortunately you are talking to an old retired idiot who has just attempted to "master " an updated" 1 password after having failed to master the basics three years ago ..... and just fancied having another go (silly me).

• billybobs
    billybobs
    Community Member
    Options

yes i have just deleted two unwanted accounts into the bin!

• billybobs
    billybobs
    Community Member
    Options

B T W can you tell me what the "anchor " symbol does? please.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @billybobs,

If you're seeing an anchor icon I suspect you don't have 1Password 7 as the only anchor icon I can think of was last used in 1Password 6. What the anchor button does is it takes the item currently visible in 1Password mini and places it in a proper window so that clicking somewhere other than 1Password doesn't see the details disappear. It could be handy if you needed to copy and paste a couple of details as normally any action in 1Password mini or clicking outside of 1Password mini would see 1Password mini disappear.

Now while I don't think we need to review logs from your copy of 1Password, I do think a diagnostic report is the easiest way for us to learn what is going on about your Mac so that we start to help. Our public support forum isn't the place for a diagnostic report though so I'd like to move the conversation to email if that's okay with you. The easiest way is to create a diagnostic report and send it in.

This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

If after clicking the Create New Mail Message... button in the diagnostic reporting tool you see a bunch of errors dismiss the error message and instead now click on the icon to the right. This will open a Finder window focussed on a folder titled Diagnostics. In there you will see a folder and a ZIP file (whose contents are the folder). Attach the ZIP file to your email and send that in.

This discussion has been closed.