Chrome and Firefox extension stopped working all of a sudden

Hello, I'm not sure what happened, but all of a sudden today both my Chrome and Firefox extensions don't work. I am on 1password version 4.6.2.626 and my Chrome extension is 4.7.3.90. My Firefox extension is also version 4.7.3.90. My Firefox extension is greyed out and won't work and on Chrome when I click on the extension is just shows "1Password extension (desktop app required)" with a menu underneath.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? Thank you!

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stan_k: Make sure that the browsers are fully up to date (check for updates), and then restart your PC. You will also need to have Native Messaging enabled in 1Password Help > Advanced in order for them to connect. Let me know how it goes. :)

• jstec
    jstec
    Community Member

I just had the same thing happen to me. Specifically, when I click on the 1Password icon in the browser tool bar, nothing happens.

1Password version: 4.6.2.626
    Extension version: 4.7.3.90
    Chrome version: 72.0.3626.96 (Official Build) (64-bit) == the latest as of when i posted this
    OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134

1Password Help > Advanced has "Use Native Messaging Protocol" enabled

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the browser extension.

Any ideas?

• jstec
    jstec
    Community Member

Oh, nevermind... it's the Chrome 72 update issue.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@jstec: It sounds like it is, yes. See this discussion for more information.

Let me know if you have any questions about 1Password 7, I will be happy to help. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.