Instructions for upgrading / migrating from 1Password 4 to the individual subscription plan?

Hi there,

I've been a long time 1Password stand-alone user for several years, but now that the Chrome integration is broken, in addition to being tired of the outdated 1Password 4 UI, I'm thinking it might time to try out the individual subscription plan.

Is there any documentation specific to 1Password 4 users on how to upgrade and ensure that the migration goes smoothly? Also, are there any special offers / discounts available for legacy customers? Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question or has already been asked. Thanks in advance for your feedback! :)

Cheers,
P

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Update: I signed up for a free trial and followed the instructions for migration. Couple of follow up questions:

1. Should I go ahead and delete 1Password 4 now?
    2. My dropbox now contains 3 items: 1Password.agilekeychain, 1Password.legacyagilekeychain, and 1Password.opvault -- can I go ahead and delete these?
  • Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @parekh,

Thank you for the update!

If you installed 1Password 7 and migrated all of your data to your new 1Password account, I would recommend you to uninstall 1Password 4 to avoid conflicts with 1Password 7.

As for your second question: when you have 1Password account, your encrypted vault is stored on our servers, so you do not need any third-party services to sync or store your data. However, you can leave those old vault folders in your Dropbox as an old backup. They should not take too much space in your Dropbox. :)

Let me know if you have additional questions, I will be happy to help. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member

@Greg Thanks so much for your helpful response! As a follow-up, any idea why I keep seeing this error on my new Windows app? It seems to pop up once every couple of days:

• Hey, @parekh! I would have to take a peek at some diagnostics to be sure. I'm aware of at least one case in which that banner is popping up when it's not supposed to, though. Any chance this happens after you lock 1Password?

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member

@bundtkate Sorry, I'm unable to recall if this happens after locking. Please let me know the best way for me to share the diagnostics report with you. Thanks!

• No worries, @parekh! We can't all remember everything. Heck, I'd be lost without my copious notes half the time. We only have so much brain space, after all. :wink: It's best to send diagnostics via e-mail. Here's how:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread in case someone else beats me to your e-mail. That way, they'll know why it's in our inbox. :+1:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  If you post that here, I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :chuffed:

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.