Will Mac Touch ID be available on 1Password X?

Options

I recently decided to try out the new 1Password X Chrome browser extension. I like the fact that I can choose which vaults to use per Chrome profile. One major irritation however has been the lack of Touch ID support. Will this be supported in future versions? I have reverted to making use of the 1 Password Desktop application for the time being due to this issue.

1Password Version: 1Password X
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @archimedes1978,

All I can say is watch this this space :smile: I don't know what our future plans may be in this area and I wouldn't be able to comment anyway. We do want to make 1Password as convenient to use as possible and we do know people with MacBook Pros that support Touch ID do love 1Password for Mac's support of that feature.

• archimedes1978
    archimedes1978
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Will keep a lookout!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:smile:

• Good news, @archimedes1978!! 1Password X now has Desktop App Integration on Mac! 🎉

Check out our recent beta announcement for details on how to set things up so you can use Touch ID on your Mac. Support for Windows and Windows Hello will be coming in a future release.

If you're feeling adventurous, please give the beta a try and let us know how it goes. 😘

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.