Unlock (by) desktop app

Hi,

I prefer 1Password X to the old browser extension and understand that it is intended to be a stand-alone solution for Linux or Chromebooks.
It would be still great if unlocking 1Password X would also unlock the desktop apps (and vice versa).
Is a feature like this possible while still keeping 1Password X as an stand-alone solution?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hakan: It isn't possible currently, but we'd definitely like to make 1Password X integrate with the desktop apps to some extent if present, if we can in the future. Thanks for letting us know this is something you'd like as well. :)

• Good news, @ hakan!! 1Password X now has Desktop App Integration on Mac! πŸŽ‰

Check out our recent beta announcement for details on how to set things up so you can use Touch ID on your Mac. Support for Windows and Windows Hello will be coming in a future release.

If you're feeling adventurous, please give the beta a try and let us know how it goes. 😘

++dave;

• hakan
    hakan
    Community Member

Thanks for not forgetting this request! πŸ˜ƒ
    I tried it on my Mac and it seems to work fine. (Un)locking the Mac app also (un)locks the browser extension and trying to unlock the browser extension brings 1Password Mini up and this way also both apps get unlocked.

I am looking forward to see this also on Windows in the future. 😊

• Thank you so much for letting us know, @hakan! It's fantastic knowing things are working well for you. πŸŽ‰

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.