Enable TouchID on 1password X mini on Macs with touchbar

If I press command + |, I open the old 1password mini and I can open it with my touchID. If I use the newest 1password mini, with Command + SHIFT + X, the only option I have is to use my password

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Enable TouchID on 1password X mini

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@guiporto: Indeed, it isn't possible at this time since 1Password X runs entirely within the browser and therefore has no access to the OS itself. But hopefully we can do something like that in the future. Thanks for letting us know you'd like to be able to use Touch ID with 1Password X! :)

• guiporto
    guiporto
    Community Member

That's unfortunate!
    So I'll keep using the old mini extension so I can use the touchID with it.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. That will work with 1Password or Mac. Most folks are using 1Password X because they don't have that option, on other platforms or when they cannot install apps. Cheers! :)

• Good news, @guiporto!! 1Password X now has Desktop App Integration on Mac! 🎉

Check out our recent beta announcement for details on how to set things up so you can use Touch ID on your Mac. Support for Windows and Windows Hello will be coming in a future release.

If you're feeling adventurous, please give the beta a try and let us know how it goes. 😘

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.