1Password 4 for Windows and 1Password Personal account

Hi, I use 1Password 4 for Windows. I would to switch to 1Password account but I have some question:
1) After switching to 1Password account can I use desktop version on my home pc and 1Password X in company with my personal account at the same time?
2) If I use 1Password X, is it secure as 1Password desktop? 1Password X needed Master Password for configuration as desktop version?
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• lucasan
    lucasan
    Community Member

Sorry for point 2) 1Password X needed for configuration both Secret Key and Master Password?

• Hey, @lucasan! You could absolutely use both the desktop version and 1Password X, but you'd need to upgrade your desktop app to 1Password 7 – 1Password 4 doesn't support 1Password accounts. Not to worry, though, 1Password 7 is included with your 1Password membership. :chuffed:

As for security, both the desktop app and 1Password X would require you initially sign in with your Master Password and Secret Key. Once signed in for the first time, only your Master Password is required to unlock either. You can learn more about 1Password X security generally here:

https://support.1password.com/1password-x-security/

And, of course, I'm here if you have questions. :chuffed:

• lucasan
    lucasan
    Community Member

Ok thanks a lot

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lucasan,

On behalf of Kate you are every welcome! We are here for you, if you have any other questions. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.