Feature request: keep search results for a couple of minutes

I've been using the “type in window” feature a lot and it's super convenient. However, I often want to use more than one field from a given item (e.g. bank code then IBAN). When I open 1password again it resets and I need to do my search again.

I understand there would be possible issues in keeping the search indefinitely, but if I open it again in a few seconds, in the same browser tab, my UX expectation is that the old search is still there and the item I selected before is still selected.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lalomartins: Yep. We're on the same page. We'll be building on the Type in Windows feature and 1Password mini in future versions to help with both scenarios. A full Auto-Type feature is something we really want in the new Windows app, to make it easier to have 1Password fill in even more contexts. We've had some false starts in the past when adding some "memory" to 1Password mini in the Mac app so you can pick up when you left off, where it was remembering for too long or not long enough, but I think we can find a good balance and do this in both desktop apps in the future. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• lalomartins
    lalomartins
    Community Member

👍

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:chuffed: :+1:

• achimb
    achimb
    Community Member

+1 (can't find this feature in the Mac version yet)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @achimb,

This feature is not yet implemented in 1Password for Windows, but 1Password mini on Mac should save your search results, if you copy your username or passwords from there.

Please specify what issues you have in a new discussion in Mac category. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.