Got a new PC and 1 password is in read only unless I subscribe. I was using on my old PC without $,

Options

Got a new PC, downloaded 1 password and signed into my account and its read only unless I subscribe. Why? I wasn't used a subscription on my old machine. When I try to contact support it keeps telling me to sign in. I do and my name comes up, I go to support, sign in and it keeps telling me to sign in again. This is a nightmare!!!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 3.657
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Got a new PC and 1 password is in read only unless I subscribe. I was using on my old PC without $,

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Glaudin7,

I am sorry for the difficulties with 1Password on your new computer. It sounds like you have been using a local vault in 1Password 4 on your old PC, but downloaded 1Password 7 for Windows on your new PC. The thing is that 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade for owners of 1Password 4, but it is included in your subscription, if you have 1Password account.

I found your email on our side and will send you a follow-up email soon. Together we will sort out the situation. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: PCA-27481-522

This discussion has been closed.