Adding fields to login

Options
snusop
snusop
Community Member

Hi there - I'm still figuring out the basics of how 1password works so I hope you will bear with me. I would like to use 1password with my cloud-based backup service, for which I have both a password and a private encryption key. I added the password to 1Password. But then when I tried to save the encryption key it just saved over the password. How can I store these as separate items in my login? Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can i add my password manager encryption key

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@snusop - you're trying to add your cloud backup service as a Login item in 1Password, so you can sign into it using 1Password for Mac in your browser?

• snusop
    snusop
    Community Member
    Options

Hello - yes, I will need to be able to sign into my backup service both on their website and through the app that I've downloaded on my Mac. (And I'll eventually want to login from my ios device too but I've haven't set that up yet.) Right now I'm using the extension with Firefox. Does that tell you what you need?

• snusop
    snusop
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars - yes, I will need to be able to sign into my backup service both on their website and through the app that I've downloaded on my Mac. (And I'll eventually want to login from my ios device too but I've haven't set that up yet.) Right now I'm using the extension with Firefox. Does that tell you what you need?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@snusop - you can't (yet) use 1Password 7 for Mac to sign directly into applications themselves, like you already can in 1Password for iOS. That feature is coming, but not until Apple allows it. However, you can certainly copy/paste into applications, and you should absolutely be able to sign into the service's website sign-in page. These are the general steps for saving a login item in 1Password; it's best to allow 1Password to save the data instead of trying to add it manually. If that isn't working for you, try saving the Login manually. If the encryption key you're referring to is something on the order of a lengthy, armored-ASCII RSA key, you may want to save that as an attachment (or Document item, if you have a 1password.com account). Let me know if that helps or if you're still having troubles.

This discussion has been closed.