On Desktop App integration - issues

Hi,

full of excitement, I just enabled the desktop app integration of 1PX as per the instructions provided. After restarting my browser, I am getting a popup from the desktop client, telling me it found 1 account and asking me to add it. The add button however is dead, it does nothing. And the account it found, is an old personal account that I am no longer using (I've switched to a family account a while ago and that family account is active in both my desktop client as well as 1PX).

Apart from that, I am not seeing any options that would indicate the integration was enabled successfully.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.6.BETA-0 (70206000) AgileB
Extension Version: 1PX 1.15.0
OS Version: macOS 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    edited February 2019

@cryptochrome,

I'll take a look at the add account window in the Mac version, but if you're seeing that window then you're definitely not signed into the same accounts on both sides of the divide. You'll need to sign out of any accounts you're no longer using.

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member

@rudy I am definitely signed into the same account on both sides. I only have one single 1P account. Hence, I am not signed into any other accounts at all.

• Thank you so much for the feedback, @cryptochrome! Let's see if we can get you hooked up here.

My guess is you logged in on one side using my.1password.com and on the other side using the custom domain for your team or family account. You can open the 1Password > Preferences > Accounts panel and view the sign-in address used there. On the 1Password X side of the world it's harder to see this but it's possible to do by editing one of your items in 1Password X and looking at the website address of the newly opened tab.

I bet those addresses are different. It shouldn't matter but we have a bug at the moment where we incorrectly compare these. Please give it a go and let us know. If they're identical, please include your background logs so we can dig deeper.

++dave;

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member

Hi @dteare - you are right. The 1PX side if things actually opened a webpage on my.1password.eu. I signed out and signed in using the family account address. Now when I edit an item in 1PX it opens my local desktop client instead of the webpage, which I assume confirms that the integration now actually works.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @cryptochrome,

That is something we'll need to correct though so thank you for reporting it.

This discussion has been closed.