Dynamic fields problem

1Password doesn't work with dynamic login fields.
Example: https://inteligo.pl/secure
User name field has ID combined using constant part and random number.

1Password Version: 7.2.3-BETA5
Extension Version: 7.2.3-BETA5
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2 (18C54)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PLMan!

Ah, banks and their nifty ideas on how to make filling harder. :tongue: From what I can see, Identyfikator lub login is supposed to be an 8-digit number, is that correct? Where is the random number being generated from? What happens after you fill that field and click Next (Dalej)?

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member

"Identyfikator lub login" is user ID which is constant (like login name) and it is 8 digit long.
    Random suffix in field ID is generated by their system and changed at every page load. After inputing it and clicking "Dalej" (Commit) there is next question for password, which is build in similar way with constant and random parts. You can see it entering "12345678" as User ID on first page. On second there is picture shown which is anti phishing - user just checks if it is the picture he set in it's profile-1P can ignore this picture. Two buttons on second page are "Popraw" which is back and "Dalej" which confirms dialog box.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2018

Thanks for the clarification, @PLMan! :smile:

Dynamic fields shouldn't be that much of a problem, as our filling logic doesn't mind if the field ID changes, as long as it has certain clues, which this field does. What seems to throw 1Password off is that the site is doing the usual bank state-of-the-art shenanigans, thus preventing us from capturing the real values.

I've filed a bug for us to look into, but in the meantime, I might have a workaround for you:

1. Go to https://inteligo.pl/secure
    2. Type in your ID and Manually save the login
    3. In 1Password, go to that item, and click Edit
    4. Next, click Web form details
    5. You'll find a field called login0, probably with a value of E. Replace that value with your ID
    6. Save the item and try filling

This should get you through the first page. For the second page:
    1. Type in your password and Manually save the login again. This time, choose to update the existing one you just created.
    2. Repeat the procedure with Editing Web form details, but this time focus on the password. I'm guessing the field that'll need to be populated will be something like password0.

Hope that helps. Let us know how it goes. :smile:

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member

Thank you for all your efforts. Unfortunately this workaround doesn't work. Entering proper ID into login0 field doesn't make this login item to work. Still field remains empty when trying to fill with this newly created login item.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PLMan – I'm sorry to hear @ag_sebastian's workaround didn't fill as he expected. We've got an issue filed for our developers, so a fix should be in the works soon. I appreciate you reporting this to us! 8-)

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member

Any progress in this issue?

Next Bank page 1Password stop working with is this: https://system.t-mobilebankowe.pl/web/login
    You can use ID 12345678 for tests.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PLMan! We haven't made any progress yet. I'll make sure to update this thread when we have a fix in place.

Thanks for sharing the link. This is definitely one of the most ridiculous implementations of a login form that I have ever seen. The username field is in a <div> called RjVx1D, with no labels or indications that it is a username. The only clue that would let us know that this is a username field is Wpisz identyfikator lub alias, and it is miles apart, separated by a dozen <div> containers. I'm not sure whether there's anything we can do in this case, but I'll share this site with the rest of the team.

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member

I think, that both sites reported by my are similar ways to secure users in the opinion of these Banks. And you can do not too much with such opinion. The only you can do is to make 1Password as elastic as possible otherwise users will have unusable tool. I think that present speed of work (no progress since December) isn't making any hope in this matter. I really understand that bells and whistles are loud but solid efficient, usable tool is what 1Password should be, even if it will be not so shiny, jammy, jazzy or so.
    Years of experience with 1Password shows that still your company thinks that 1Password is so great that companies in Internet should make it usable by following "rules", But it is not the way it goes. Most of problems I was reporting for years with payments, not working pages, etc. are not solved. This is not direction 1Password users wish this tool should go. And not solving problems with are essential in the matter of password manager are just asking for troubles. Look how competition grows. When 1Password 4 was released, almost no competition was present on Mac platform. And now there are plenty of password managers. Even Apple has one. Being shiny will not be enough to save 1Password piece of space on the market.
    BTW. Maybe somebody will answer translation questions which are not answered for months,

Don't understand me wrong - I love 1Password. I just want it to be usable enough to be go to solution for masses including me.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Language support is still an area where 1Password could certainly do a lot better. To suggest otherwise would be laughable given the evidence to support your position. I proposed a change that should help for both the example sites you've provided. I found slightly different details for system.t-mobilebankowe.pl and so my hope is the change will help there too.

This discussion has been closed.