[Bug] Cannot scan TOTP QR code with Windows app

kop48
kop48
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm on the latest beta, and I'm finding that I cannot scan QR codes using any of the three options (screen, paste, file). If I use the iOS app, it works fine.

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member

Tried on Slack and Robinhood, but the Scan to Screen option isn't working to add a One-Time Password. Manual entry still works fine

1Password Version: 7.3.654
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• @burn123 sometimes it fails to detect code boundary. We have plan B that will come a bit later, meanwhile try screenshot QR code (Windows+Shift+S key on Windows 10) and use "From clipboard option".

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member

Yeah copy works, but the scan from screen is pretty nice.

I will say that I just tried it on Gitlab and it works, so that seems to support what you said

• Yep, when Serg say a bit later, we plan to address it in the next few updates. We do want to fix that issue very soon.

• Hi @kop48,

I've merged your post in this previous bug report thread but I am not sure why the forum is inserting your new reply at the very top.

This is a known regression in the latest 7.3 update, we'll fix this in a future update. For now, you can use Serg's trick, capture the screenshot with Windows + Shift + S and then use From clipboard to paste it in.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

@MikeT - I tried copying the image file directly to the clipboard, but it didn't work. I'll try the Snip version next time.

• Hi @kop48,

The regression is in the detection of the image edges, if it is askew a bit, it can't scan it. Taking a screenshot would avoid that issue.

We'll get this fixed as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.