initial popup on certain pages doesn't permit click

When I go to a bunch of sites (I'll attach one picture), the initial 1Password X popup is NOT clickable :(

this is on Chrome Version 72.0.3626.53 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

1Password Version: 7.2.5-beta 0
Extension Version: 1.14.2
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: cloud account

Comments

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member

Nothing? Disappointed. :(

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

It is sometimes not clickable by me to.
    Since the last Version i think.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2019

Hi folks,

I was unable to reproduce this issue on the site mentioned above using the latest beta of 1Password X (1.14.3). Could you please confirm if you are still seeing this behavior?

Ben

P.S. It is helpful when referencing a problem with a specific website if you can please post the URL to the page in question. :) i.e. https://8363-1.portal.athenahealth.com

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

https://www.unitymediaforum.de/ucp.php?mode=login
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin?Target=

The suggested Login ist still White on Mouseover and not clickable. After a short time it turns blue (marked) and is clickable.
    I hope I could explain it reasonably well. :)

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

EDIT:
    It is also sometimes not clickable in the "Save new Login" popup.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

EDIT:
    Since Chrome 72 im not able to change the Name for the new saved Login.
    Im not able to click in that Field.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @blaxxz,

I'm at a loss to explain the issues you're having :( I used one of the URLs you supplied and in all my testing just now everything responded as it should. One possibility is I'm not testing a setup close enough to yours to recreate the issue. I was testing 1Password X (beta) with Chrome on a Mac, can you remind me what setup you have please and just as another variable, does the issue persist if you restart your machine as well? That's just to make sure it's not some weird glitch that disappears.

@lrosenman, I did try to visit the page in your screenshot to see if I could reproduce but I don't think I can reach the page in question. The visible part of the address didn't load a page and so I tried visiting https://athenahealth.com. It wouldn't load initially as it was unhappy about where I reside (the UK) but after using a VPN to persuade it otherwise the page loaded differed from the one in your screenshot. It means if there was something odd about that page I haven't yet had the opportunity to test.

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member

Yes, I'm still seeing it regularly, after machine reboots, etc.

It's always the first time it pops up after going to the page. 2nd time after clicking in any of the fields, it works fine.

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member

it also happens on my Webmail server (which I control):
    https://webmail.lerctr.org

where I have 3 or more 1P records for lerctr.org

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables
    Im on Win 10 x64, Chrome with 1P X 1.13.2
    Adblock Plus and BetterTTV extensions are installed.

When i will save a new Login the Title is completely marked. And i can see no cursor.
    But when i click in this field, the text is deleted and i see an empty field with a cursor.
    Then im able to type a new Title.

Otherwise you always clicked in the field and you could change the text.

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member

My issue is when I go to login using the popup.

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member

I can confirm these issues. I came here to open a new thread about it and then found this. It's been "weird" for a while now. Not sure if it's Chrome or 1PX. Sometimes, when filling out a new registration and I use the "suggested password" and click on it, it locks up the whole page, nothing responds to mouse input anymore.

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member

Any news on this guys/gals? It's really annoying.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I've tried both Chrome on my Mac and a Windows VM just in case something seemed to be specific to a version of Chrome but so far I've been unable to reproduce. I created three dummy Login items for https://webmail.lerctr.org/ and tested the stable and beta version of 1Password X on both Mac and Windows and every reload of the page saw a functioning 1Password X inline menu.

Can you see if you can reproduce the issue in a completely new Chrome profile please, just to try and eliminate as many variables as possible. Google's support page Share Chrome with others or add a profile. Can you only install the 1Password X extension, (a direct link for ease is 1Password extension - Chrome Web Store). Using a clean profile do you see the same thing on the same page(s)?

An unresponsive extension is something we do definitely want to correct but really we'll need to find a site or set of steps where we can find a way to reproduce just so we can probe the extension, learn what and why and then work on getting it fixed. It's quite possible my testing environment differs in some important way but that's something we'll need to pin down. If I can reproduce and can supply steps for a developer to reproduce that will be a large step in correcting it.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables

Any News about the problem?
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/490167/#Comment_490167

The problem is still there.
    Chrome: 72.0.3626.96
    1PX: 1.14

This is only since the last two 1PX versions.

• Thanks for the reports everyone. We saw something similar before but it ended up being a race condition that resolved itself when upgrading Chrome. It seems to have come back so we're going to need to do something to force the inline menu to redraw itself.

I believe if you use the keyboard to navigate the menu you won't be able to recreate it. We'll need to find a way to work around this so the mouse is always usable as well.

++dave;

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Correct @dteare . I can keyboard down to an entry, just not click it, but hitting enter DOES enter it.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

@dteare @lrosenman
    That works for me too.
    Will handle it then until a fix is released.
    Thanks for the support :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I'm just happy somebody on our end was able to reproduce because for unexplainable reasons I couldn't get it to happen. I have no idea why.

• lshanny
    lshanny
    Community Member

Just updated to Chrome Version 73.0.3683.75 on my Mac, and this issue seems to have stopped for me.

I was getting this issue with Dashlane as well, which was one of many reasons I switched. Hopefully this is gone for good.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lshanny - thanks for the update; I'm glad it seems to have stabilized for you. Is anything different in terms of the environment or what you're doing? If you can't think of anything, then let's see how it goes. If it does recur later, if you can help nail it down by noticing anything at that time that's different, it'll help a lot. Thanks! :)

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member

It's fixed for me on 1.15.14 (1PX) / Chrome ( 75.0.3770.27) / 1P (Version 7.3.BETA-12)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear it, @lrosenman! Thanks for keeping us updated. :chuffed:

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

1.15.14 is live?
    I got an Update to 1.15.2 today.

And the Problem is still there.

EDIT:
    I've completely reinstalled 1.15.2. Same problem. I must first press down arrow so that I am with the cursor in it. A mouse click in it still does not work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@blaxxz: 1.15.2 is the current stable release for both Firefox and Chrome (-based browsers); 1.16.2.beta is available for Chrome. This is a beta discussion. Would you be willing to try the beta?

This discussion has been closed.