migrating 1Password 4 / dropbox vault to 1Password 7 / account

I purchased 1Password back in 2015 and have been seamlessly using Dropbox to sync everything between my PC, my Mac, and my Android phone ever since. Yesterday I finally caved and decided to pay for an account so that I could maybe stop depending on Dropbox. The migration has been problematic.

1) Somehow on my Phone and my Mac, I now have 2 vaults-- "personal" (from my account) and "primary" (from my Dropbox). How can I merge these? Note they are mostly duplicates, however last night I added unique 2fa entries to each vault without realizing it, so I can't just delete one of them. They need to be merged.

2) On my Windows PC, I was trying to add my account info to the app, and I discovered that apparently 1Password 7 exists. I've been using 1Password 4 which I understood to be the latest release since when I go to "check for updates" it never told me about any newer version... very annoying. So I downloaded 1Password 7, but unlike my Mac and my phone, it is not showing my original Dropbox vault and therefore it is missing numerous updated entries from this morning and last night. So right now I have version 4 and version 7 both running on my PC, and it's really annoying. How can I import my original vault into version 7 so that the old version and Dropbox can be deleted without losing data? I have a feeling I'm going to end up with 500 duplicates by the end of this...

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @graves666,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry for the troubles with the upgrade.

To get a better idea of your current setup we will need to get Diagnostics Reports from all of your devices. After that I will be able to provide you with further instructions. I just sent an email to you. Please check your inbox.

I will be looking forward to getting Diagnostics Reports from you!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: LVJ-95965-854

• graves666
    graves666
    Community Member

Sent. Thanks!

• graves666
    graves666
    Community Member

Hi Greg,
    Hope you received my Diagnostics Reports. I still have logins in 1Password 4 that I can't figure out transfer to 1Password 7. In v4 I've tried to export my vault, but I get stuck because there is no selectable file. I'm therefore missing a lot of logins that are still in my dropbox vault that didn't get migrated.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @graves666,

I have received your reports and replied. To avoid any further confusion, let's continue our conversation via email. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.