The items icons do not work

Options

Hi,

I have tried everything but I can not get the icons updated for any item. The only option I see about icons is to use rich icons.

I have activated and deactivated this option and creating and updating items from the browser, the desktop application as well as the extensions (standard extension and 1P X), always including at least one Web URL in each item. However, the items always have the default basic icon.

In addition, I have imported more than 1200 items from 1P4 and they have retained in 1P7 the icons they had in 1P4. However, those that had an icon in 1P4 were very few and in 1P7 I do not see any way of updating them.

1- What could be the problem for individual items created or updated ?
2- Is there any way to update in batch the icons for those who have a Web URL?

I'm using:
1P7 7.3.657 on W7 64b Home Premium full updated
1P4 4.6.2.626 on W7 64b Home Premium full updated
Chrome 72.0.3626.81 on W7 64b Home Premium full updated
Chrome Extension 4.7.3.90
1P X 1.13.2

Thanks in advance for your support.

1Password Version: 1P7 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90 and 1P X 1.13.2
OS Version: W7 64b Home Premium full updated
Sync Type: 1Password 7 Sync
Referrer: forum-search:icons

Comments

• Hey, @Carmelo! I'm sorry for the rich icon trouble. This could be a firewall issue. The rich icons are downloaded from a server we maintain and if that server is blocked by your firewall, they won't update. It also could be a question of time. 1200 items is a lot – that's a lot of icons to download! If you're able to leave 1Password unlocked for a time while you're working and let it download, I'd do so just in case that's all it is. On the firewall front, do you use a firewall? What about an anti-virus in addition to Windows Defender, like McAfee, Norton, etc? This will help me give you some steps to check if this is an issue downloading the icons and, if not, we take a closer look. :chuffed:

• Carmelo
    Carmelo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for your support.

Yes, I use Kaspersky Internet Security + Malwarebytes + Adguard but finally that has nothing to do with the problem because I finally realized that the icons work in 70% of the items with URL but only for the Logins, not for the rest of the categories.

In any case, I have deactivated the 3 security programs but the result is the same.

My conclusions by the moment are:
    1- The icons work only for the Logins and not for other categories such as Credit Cards, Bank Accounts, etc. Is that correct ?
    2- There are many URLs of which 1P7 does not produce an icon (for example openbank.es, wizink.es, vidiq.com, voluum.com, woobox.com, zaxaa.com, etc. ). What can be done in cases like that ?
    3- In 1P4 the icons could be loaded manually in case they failed but in 1P7 that option does not seem to exist. Is this correct ?

I would appreciate if you can answer these 3 questions.
    Thanks in advance.

• Hi @Carmelo,

1- The icons work only for the Logins and not for other categories such as Credit Cards, Bank Accounts, etc. Is that correct ?

It only works for Logins and Software Licenses.

In all items, you can add your own custom icons by editing the item and clicking the icon to add your images; this will sync to all 1Password apps.

2- There are many URLs of which 1P7 does not produce an icon (for example openbank.es, wizink.es, vidiq.com, voluum.com, woobox.com, zaxaa.com, etc. ). What can be done in cases like that ?

For now, there isn't much you can do, it's all done in the background. Rich icons are currently processed manually by our team, we'll look at the site to find the right image that'll work and then add it to the database, 1Password will then pick it up on later. We get requests on our anonymized image service and work the top requested 1,000 missing icons. As we continue to process them, we then work on the next 1K. This does mean the more popular the site is, the quicker it'll have a Rich Icon but it'll take some time to process the rest of the web.

We do plan to improve this to automate it more in a future update by sourcing images from various known/trusted places beside websites.

3- In 1P4 the icons could be loaded manually in case they failed but in 1P7 that option does not seem to exist. Is this correct ?

Correct. 1Password 7 will automatically retry every time you edit that item and if not, it'll retry in the background once in a while to look for missing icons.

This discussion has been closed.