Link existing entries to websites

spaggi
spaggi
Community Member

Hi,

Hope I’m not missing something super obvious, apologies if this has been stated before I did search a bit but couldn’t find what I’m looking for.

I’ve just migrated my password database to 1Password and have now hundreds of entries just containing username and password.

I’d love to enrich these entries with website names and icons, but I’m not sure how.

I attempted to logon a website using an entry, however if I use the ios12 password feature and select 1Password, I can only create a new entry, not select the one I have. I assume this is because the website information is missing. Can someone help me how to get started with this? Thanks a lot!

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2019

Hi @spaggi,

Since you've just migrated (and I know from where!), the easiest method will be to do this over time, using your Desktop app.

Go to the site's login page, and once you are there, copy the URL, and add that URL to the website field in the 1Password Login item that contains the username / password data for the site. This will allow auto-fill to now work (you can test that with ⌘ + \ (command backslash) for that site.

For rich icons, enable 1Password's Preferences > General > Show rich icons. You'll start seeing icons for you login entries as you enter URLs.

If you are syncing your data between your devices, your iOS device will pick up your changes from your Desktop app (and vice versa).

• spaggi
    spaggi
    Community Member

All right, this is something I can do. Cheers mate! (Again)

• Thanks for the assistance here @MrC. @spaggi If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.