Problems when the Expiry Date and Expiring items detection...

Options

Hi,
The detection of expired items does not work correctly for me and I think there is a problem with the date, at least in the case of OS in Spanish.

I think the problem could be related to the format of the date in Spanish (dd/mm/yyyy) used by the OS. My windows is in Spanish and setting 1P7 in both English and Spanish, in both cases the format of the expiry date field indicates dd/mm/yyyy and in both cases the expiring items detection doesn't work fine. I guess 1P7 always uses the OS date format.

I have also tried using the English format (mm/dd/yyyy) but the results I think are even getting worse.

I include some examples with the result that I hope you find useful:
01/11/2019 (item expired) vs 01/12/2019 (item not expired)
27/02/2019 (item expired)
01/04/2019 (item expired)

Of course, the date, time and time zone of the OS are correct.

That could be happening ?
Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: W7 Spanish Home Premium full updated
Sync Type: 1P7 standard

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi @Carmelo,

Thanks for reporting this.

The date fields are converted to a timestamp that doesn't need time zone or localizations, so as long as you use your OS format to save the date, it'll be converted into a timestamp that we can later convert to the right date regardless of the OS settings you're using.

Here's what I'm doing, please let me know if something looks different.

1. I've set my Windows and 1Password apps to Spanish. I've created a new Passport item and went down to the expiration date field:

1. Note the placeholder, it is using dd/mm/yyyy. I set it to 1/12/2018 and it shows expired:

1. Then test your example; 12/01/2019:

1. 08/03/2019, expiring status:

• Carmelo
    Carmelo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I just realized that there are two types of expired items (Expired & Expiring Soon) ....

In addition, the time in advance for the Expiring Soon items is different depending on the category.

All right. Thank you.

• Hi @Carmelo,

Just so I'm clear, everything is fine now but it wasn't clear enough that there were two different statuses.

We'll see if we can slightly adjust the banners to make it different a bit.

This discussion has been closed.