1Password 7 pops up when some other apps are closed

martinliss
martinliss
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Mac

I run 1Password 7 Version 7.2.4 (70204001) on my Mac under OSX Mohave version 10.14.3.

When I have 1Password running but minimized in the dock and I close one of several other apps including SnagIt, 1Password opens. It's not a big problem but it is a little annoying because I like to keep my desktop as uncluttered as possible. Is there anything I can do to stop that behavior?

Nevermind, I closed 1Password, reopened and minimized it and now the described behavior doesn't happen any longer.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for the update @martinliss. I also was not able to reproduce this by hiding 1Password using ⌘H (Command + H), so that may help too.

Ben

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Any chance you could help with another problem which my wife described in an email about a week ago but hasn't received a response (except from your robot)?

The situation is that she had 1Password 6 but it had some problems so she installed 1Password 7. She imported the few items she had in 6 into 7 and so she deleted 6. The problem is that when she double-clicks a login nothing at all happens and the same is true when she clicks Open and Fill and when she tries to fill website items from an identity. Also when she logs in manually to a new website, 1Password doesn't ask if she wants to save the login.

It initially asked her to add a master password and she was able to do that.

• @martinliss

What support ID did your wife get back from BitBot on that inquiry?

Ben

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

ZIF-54142-161

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@martinliss - it looks as if my colleague Kaitlyn is assisting your wife via email; let's keep the conversation going in that channel rather than here in this public forum, if you don't mind. :)

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member

Any chance you could help with another problem which my wife described in an email about a week ago but haven't had a response?

The situation is that she had 1Password 6 but it had some problems so she installed 1Password 7. She imported the few items she had in 6 into 7 and so she deleted 6. The problem is that when she double-clicks a login nothing at all happens and the same is true when she clicks Open and Fill and when she tries to fill website items from an identity. Also when she logs in manually to a new website, 1Password doesn't ask if she wants to save the login.

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member

The problem I originally reported (1Password popping up when other apps are closed) is happening again. I assume I can do the same thing I did when I originally stopped the behavior, but I'd like to permanently stop it from happening.

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member

Also why does this forum seemingly randomly create a post consisting of one of my previous posts as it did with the post of 9:48AM?

• @martinliss

Any chance you could help with another problem which my wife described in an email about a week ago but haven't had a response?

I'm not seeing any unanswered emails from your wife at this point. To avoid duplicating efforts if there is further that needs to be done there let's handle it by email, please. :)

The problem I originally reported (1Password popping up when other apps are closed) is happening again. I assume I can do the same thing I did when I originally stopped the behavior, but I'd like to permanently stop it from happening.

I responded to the other thread you created about this issue: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/101555/ipassword-pops-open-when-i-quit-another-app#latest

Again, to avoid duplicating efforts, let's please continue that conversation there.

Also why does this forum seemingly randomly create a post consisting of one of my previous posts as it did with the post of 9:48AM?

My best guess is that the post that ended up being duplicated originally got caught in the forum's spam filter. When it was released from the spam filter it was posted a 2nd time.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.