To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My new email address is not being recognised

Options
alanh7
alanh7
Community Member

I tried to log into my account from a new browser. I was 100% sure I typed everything in but the system said the email wasn't recognised. I clicked on a help button and got an email from 1password saying "We couldn't find a 1Password account registered with your email address: xx
Do you have a license instead? We only checked to see if your email is registered with a 1Password subscription account. If you don't have a 1Password subscription, you may have purchased a license for 1Password."
I absolutely have a subscription so this was very strange. I then went back and tried logging in using an old email address from when I first signed up for my 1password subscription and it worked. Is there a bug in the system that you always need to use your original email when the secret key was generated to log in and the system doesn't actually update when you assign a new email to your account?
What's even stranger is that when I log in using a known browser and my email and secret key are displayed it shows my current new email.
I hope someone can shed light on this. Or please provide an email so I can actually forward the email I received to a registed 1password subscriber address telling me I don't have a subscription.
PS I changed my email on the system about 2-3 weeks ago.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• alanh7
    alanh7
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried the help button again and the system sent me an email where it now recognises my account and everything worked properly. I can also now log in using both old and new address. Maybe the service was down briefly or there is some glitch in recognising email changes but it's working fine now.
    However I did get an email saying I don't have an account which is strange. I can forward to en email for further investigation if you want.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @alanh7

That's definitely something we'd like to investigate further.

Or please provide an email so I can actually forward the email I received to a registed 1password subscriber address telling me I don't have a subscription.

Please email the correspondence in question to support@1password.com. When you email in you'll get a support ID from BitBot. Please post that ID here.

Ben

• alanh7
    alanh7
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

The ID is: DRD-29347-127

Thanks!

Alan

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @alanh7. We'll do some digging and continue the conversation via email. Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.