Nagging popup to add extension won't go away, I already have extension installed.

flyingpig
flyingpig
Community Member

I can barely use this web site. Nag box to get 1PW extension pops up EVERY FEW SECONDS and only has "Get It Now" with no option to dismiss.
I already have the browser extensions installed.
Both browsers are now UNUSABLE. Popup takes the cursor as I type this, every few seconds. I can barely log in because i don't have time to type my password.
I have updated 1PW and Extensions both. I'm totally screwed and cannot work. Chrome Version 72.0.3626.96 (Official Build) (64-bit). Firefox 63.0.1
Laptop running Sierra 10.12.6 works ok, older version of Chrome.
Please help, I am so screwed.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Nagging popup to add extension won't go away, I already have extension installed. FF and Chrome.

Comments

• Hi @flyingpig

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Would you be able to post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

▷ How to take a screenshot

To alleviate the problem temporarily you may want to move 1Password 7 from the Applications folder to the Trash and then restart your Mac.

Ben

• flyingpig
    flyingpig
    Community Member

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2019

@flyingpig

Thanks for sharing that screenshot. That is quite helpful. What is shown appears to be a very old version of 1Password. Could you please make sure the only copy of 1Password you have on your system is 1Password 7? If you're having trouble tracking down the older version we may be able to help. If that is the case, to facilitate that, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/101280/
    • Your forum username: flyingpig

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.