1password vault keeps directing me to a subscribe page...old license here

Options
Suz425
Suz425
Community Member

I believe we have a "stand-alone license" for our mac (me) and windows (husband) computers. Recently 1password has been needing to be reloaded often on my mac and now it will not open/fill a page but directs me to subscribe to 1password 7. Help

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: chrome 47390
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: unsure
Referrer: forum-search:1password vault keeps directing me to a subscribe page...old license here

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Suz425! I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about "1password has been needing to be reloaded often on my mac?" What do you mean by that -- have you noticed any error messages? What happens and what's not happening the way you think it should? Did you recently upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac, where you were previously using an older version?

• Suz425
    Suz425
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response. First, let me warn you I have 0 technical understaning :-) so...sometimes my mac will "shut down because of a problem" (which I believe is coming from photos...but that is another animal). Lately, when that happens, my 1P for chrome (shortcut?) up at the top of the screen will say "read-only". I found, from reading some forum chats, that I needed to download it again. This was working fine, albeit a bit of a pain, but then 1P "shut down because of a problem" yesterday and then I was directed to update to v7, so I did that. Now when I put in my password it opens to the vault but when I click on what I want I get a page welcoming me to 1P 7 and an offer to subscribe...There are some other choices, like already a member and have a license (I think) but I have followed these thru to no avail. I had almost thought I had it figured out but then got a screen that said something along the lines of it appears you have {cannot remember the verbage}. I have a key number/letter thing and that is it. That is about all of the info I can give you. I'm sure we should switch to the new system but my husband (the pc side of our license) is less technical than me and doesn't want me to because he is afraid it will mess him up. I should mention that I can x out of the welcome page and then reopen the vault, do a search for what I want and then copy and paste username and passwords but if I click on fill it goes to the above mentioned welcome screen. Hopefully, that tracks for you.

• Suz425
    Suz425
    Community Member
    Options

Also, I am just doing stuff on my computer now and I got a pop up to "support 1P by purchasing a license...already have a license click here" which directs me to my downloads folder, which I don't understand, am I to find the license there? If I close the downloads there is a window that says read only mode...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Suz425

First, let me warn you I have 0 technical understaning

No worries! I consider software a failure if it requires too much "technical understanding." We strive to make 1Password easy to install and use. Nevertheless, there IS a slight learning curve and sometimes things get a little messed up. That's why we're here. :)

I'm sure we should switch to the new system but my husband (the pc side of our license) is less technical than me and doesn't want me to because he is afraid it will mess him up.

If the two of you consider yourselves less technical, then I'm sure you should switch to a 1password.com membership as well. Once you get it set up, it's WAY easier to use and upgrade. No fooling around with standalone licenses or advanced sync methods. And since you're on a Mac and he's on a PC, it will wind up being considerably more cost-effective for you to go with a 1Password Families membership, as well.

A "Read Only" badge plus the pop-ups you're getting indicate that you've installed version 7 but not yet paid for it, either with a standalone license or a subscription. But wait, you say, I DO have a standalone license! Yes, you do -- for a previous version. Because 1Password 7 for Mac is a completely new, full-version upgrade, it requires either the purchase of a new license or a 1password.com membership...which means now is the perfect time to transition to a 1Password Families account. However, rather than discuss details of your specific 1Password setup here in this public forum, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices (and your husband's).

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#ALZ-15854-988]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I think the best way forward will be. :)

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @Suz425 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: ALZ-15854-988

• Suz425
    Suz425
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I will do the diagnostics. Totally understand about the upgrade and the need to switch to the family plan...really appreciate all of the work it takes to provide such a great product and keep it all safe and secure...must be a constant battle and expense. Should I do that now? Will look for a tutorial on how to switch over.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Suz425 - don't go through the process yet -- if you're a little hesitant or not confident about your technical abilities, let's have a look at what data you have in what places first, via email, and then we'll make a plan to get you transitioned over. :)

This discussion has been closed.