To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password family subscription, MacOS. Can't change mpw on main Mac

Options
GAGoodwin
GAGoodwin
Community Member

I have 1Password7 for Mac. Changed master password on one of my devices this week, but can't seem to also do it on my main Mac. Please help.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password7

Comments

• Hey @GAGoodwin, when you change your Master Password, it should propagate to all your other devices. The caveat here is if you have any standalone vaults (such as a Primary vault), or if you have multiple 1Password accounts. In the case of a standalone vault, you'd use that password to unlock 1Password for Mac, so changing it will not affect the Master Password of your membership.

Do you have a vault named Primary on your Mac?

• GAGoodwin
    GAGoodwin
    Community Member
    Options

I do. I think I am beginning to understand this. Dealing with 1Password support via email. I really need help understanding how all of this works.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GAGoodwin - we do try to make 1Password as easy to understand and use as we can, but we're aware there's at least some learning curve, especially if you're new to 1Password and even more if you're new to the concept of password managers. Looks like our colleague Zak is helping out; don't hesitate to ask him if you still don't understand something. :)

• GAGoodwin
    GAGoodwin
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Zak is great. I need to send a diagnostics report to him. Not sure how, but I think I will hear back soon. I have used 1Password for a long time - love it. I think conceptually I am having some trouble understanding how to make the transition to subscription based.

• Ben
    Options

Great. Please continue to work with Zak via email. To avoid duplicating efforts I'll close this thread. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.