Need to reuse the same login for multiple sites. Can I flag logins as being linked?

There are some cases where I have one profile that can be logged in to multiple sites. For instance my EA profile is needed to login to swotr but are used in two different sites. My school account is used to login to the intranet, email, etc but need to be stored as different sites. Is there a way to flag logins to let 1password know that certain entries are ok to be repeated?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Squiggles,

Thank you for getting in touch! :+1:

While it is not possible to "link" your Login items, you can add several URLs to the same Login item. Like this:

If you do it, 1Password will not mark your Login items as duplicated. Let me know how it works for you. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Squiggles
    Squiggles
    Community Member

Thanks. That can help with my school account but EA is a little weird. SWTOR requires the username login specifically but EA requires the email. Is there a way to set a second username for a login? Or should I put the username in the default label and the email in a new section or label?

• Hi @Squiggles,

No, there isn't a way to do that, it may confuse 1Password in filling the wrong data.

Do you know if SWTOR will accept the email address? Many sites accept full email address in exchange for username anyway, so if the answer is yes, then I'd suggest putting the email in the default field and put username in the custom text field next.

• Squiggles
    Squiggles
    Community Member

@MikeT No unfortunately they for some reason require the username specifically. It's really strange. It's the same login, if I change one it changes the other. But EA requires the email and SWTOR will only accept a username. Maybe I'll just keep the one and manually type in the username when I need to.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Squiggles: I have EA/Origin account, but it seems that I need to create a separate account for SWTOR. Am I right to understand that you use the same account on both websites?

Thanks!

• Squiggles
    Squiggles
    Community Member

@Greg That's correct. For me both accounts are linked. If I were to change my EA password my SWTOR account would change as well.

• Hi @Squiggles,

You can ask 1Password to type the username for you with Type in Window or just right-click on the Login item to select the other username to copy as long as you save that username as a custom field.

We'd like to improve our extension in the future to detect this automatically for you.

This discussion has been closed.