To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't remember my master password? Do I pay again if I delete my membership and start again?

Outiivo
Outiivo
Community Member

I signed up for 1Password on November 2018 but didn't utilise it. I paid for an annual membership. Now I can't remember my master password so do I have to delete my account? Do I have to pay again for a year?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't remember my master password? Do I pay again if I delete my membership and start again?

Comments

• MrSnrub
    MrSnrub
    Community Member

You can't delete your account, if you don't remember your master password. You would have to log in to your account, to completely delete it. You are the only one who could delete the account, so 1Password cannot do it for you.

About the subscription, that's probably something a member from the 1Password-team should answer.

• @MrSnrub Thanks for chiming in. While that was true in the past it is now possible to delete an account you no longer have the Master Password to so long as you still control the email address associated with the account:

FAQ: I'm locked out of my account (membership) / need to start over — 1Password Forum

Ben

• @Outiivo

Our sales team can help transfer any remaining credit from the old membership to a new one. Please email them with your request once you've got the new account set up at sales@1password.com. Please allow them a few days to respond.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.