Login data never correct

Options
Gary Sumlak
Gary Sumlak
Community Member

Whenever I try to use 1P on my 5S to fill a site login, the correct site is never listed. I always have to open the 1P app, and copy/paste into the browser. This behaviour is 100% consistent regaurdless of the browser used.

Logins are always found on my various Macs, without issue.

Even the agilbits site login is not properly retrieved.

How do I troubleshoot why logins are not recalled on my 5s, but are on my macs?

My 5s and 1P are fully updated.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Gary Sumlak

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. How are you syncing your 1Password data? Does it appear changes are actually syncing?

Ben

• Gary Sumlak
    Gary Sumlak
    Community Member
    Options

There appears to be a stupid user error.

When I tap on a login field and the keyboard pops up, there is a “Passwords” button at the top. This appears to be a context specific auto fill.

Because of the little “key” icon, I though it was a 1Password new feature. But now a realize that 1Password is only accessible via the “share” button.

That being said, there are still some sites that do not fill the login fields in iOS, but do in the desktop version.

e.g. weightlossgrants.org.

On iOS, the login record is recalled, but the username and password do not fill. 1P desktop works perfectly.

Possible another stupid user error?

• Ben
    Options

@Gary Sumlak

The button you referenced is for the new iOS 12 Password AutoFill feature. 1Password can be a data provider for that. You can read more about that here:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

I would highly recommend setting that up (be sure to disable iCloud Keychain per the instructions) and give it a try on any websites you were previously having trouble with. It is able to fill some forms that the share sheet extension is not (although the reverse is also true).

Ben

• Gary Sumlak
    Gary Sumlak
    Community Member
    Options

Brilliant!! I KNEW I saw that feature in 1P.... I just did not set it up correctly...

Thank you. I tested AutoFill, set to only 1P, and it seems to be working flawlessly!

I have been using 1P since the Beta desktop, and I highly recommend 1P on all plateforms, especially to people using multiple platforms.

Great job!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks so much for the update and for the kind words. Glad to hear that worked out. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.