Brave not filling credentials - using Brave 0.25.304 and 1Password 7.2.4

edcroteau
edcroteau
Community Member
edited February 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I just downloaded the most recent Brave manually and am running 1Password 7 latest. The extension icon pulls up 1Password (mini?) but doesn't actually fill in the results. I need to copy/paste. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type:_iCloud
_Referrer
: forum-search:brave browser

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @edcroteau,

If you're running Brave 0.25.304 then your copy of Brave is somewhat out of date. The current version is 0.59.35 and there were a lot of changes made between those two. If the version number you reported is correct then that is almost guaranteed to be part of the issue. I would recommend deleting Brave and downloading a fresh copy once more and that should get you version 0.59.35. You will likely need to install our extension as the new version of Brave has moved to using the Chrome store whereas in the past it used a curated list. You can find our companion extension at 1Password extension - Chrome Web Store. If you're still having issues with an updated Brave and our extension installed I would recommend trying the following.

1. Open the Terminal application. If you haven't used it before I find Spotlight handy as even typing the characters ter for me has Terminal as the first result.
    2. Copy and paste the following command into the Terminal window, mkdir -p ~/Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome and press enter.
    3. Hold down the alt/option key and click on the 1Password icon in the macOS menu bar at the top of the screen. Select the menu option Quit 1Password Completely.
    4. Launch 1Password and unlock.
    5. Restart Brave if running.

Brave, just like Vivaldi and Opera use a Chrome support folder for native messaging which is what 1Password uses for the extension. These steps will ensure the required support folder is in place and allow 1Password to do what it needs to do.

If after all of that things still aren't working please let me know.

• edcroteau
    edcroteau
    Community Member

Aha - your reply (thanks so much) caused me to go into my Applications folder and I found 2 Brave apps - and my dock icon was for the old one ... now everything is working fine. Thanks again!

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're welcome! :smile:

• jcorniche
    jcorniche
    Community Member

I have the same problem, using Brave 0.60.47 and 1password Version 6.8.8 (688001) but the solution you mentioned above does not work

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jcorniche,

The above only holds true for 1Password 7. Brave changed their signing certificate back around September of last year but development on 1Password 6 ceased in May. 1Password 6 can no longer verify current versions of Brave and as a result refuses the connection attempt from the extension. 1Password 6 continues to work with other supported browsers and that list is:

• Safari (macOS only)
    • Firefox
    • Chrome
    • Vivaldi
    • Opera

The other option is to consider moving to 1Password 7 which was updated with the new certificate details. It isn't a free update for existing 1Password 6 users unless they have a 1Password account as our subscription based service includes continued access to the current version of 1Password on all supported platforms. For users who purchased a licence either directly from us or via the Mac App Store and wish to continue with a licence it would mean purchasing a new 1Password 7 licence. That can be done from within the 1Password application downloadable from our site. 1Password will promote the 1Password account but licences are still a possibility in 1Password 7 for those that just don't like what the 1Password account has to offer.

You may very well have a few questions arising from this, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

• jcorniche
    jcorniche
    Community Member

I've updated to version 7 and everything is now working perfectly, thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Happy I could help :smile:

This discussion has been closed.